IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Armtrac Security PCN

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,639
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So you would say this is the right thing to send them?

I am thinking of still sending a letter as I can get work to send it anyway and don't want them harassing me by email too! ha ha

Please don't ask about your own case on someone else'd thread, it's unfair and confusing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Holylemonjuice
    Holylemonjuice Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 4 April 2018 at 3:32PM
    "Please don't ask about your own case on someone else'd thread, it's unfair and confusing"

Hi Coupon Mad - Sorry, I am new to forums. I thought this was the right move as my case is exactly the same and I have received the same letters, the last letter I received is exactly the same as the one Yiannage posted previously.

My hope was that if this was the right letter to send then it would also benefit Yiannage.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,639
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You can cross reference to help this OP but are best starting your own thread, even about the same letter/details. That way we don't get confused as to who we are helping, dates of event/letters, etc., which are never the same.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yiannage
    Yiannage Posts: 52 Forumite
    Morning All,

Thank you all so far for all your help - it really is so appreciated!

I!!!8217;ve received this morning my copy of the information request sent from the dvla stating they want to !!!8220;contact the driver to request payment!!!8221;

So (& please direct me if I!!!8217;m wrong!) but my next step is to email them to let them know they are misusing my data and I!!!8217;m not happy and considering a counter claim should they continue to harass me!
  • Yiannage
    Sorry - I have no idea why they are random numbers in my post above
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yiannage wrote: »
    Sorry - I have no idea why they are random numbers in my post above

Forum glitch.

So, please switch off the 'Smart Punctuation' on your iPhone/iPad to avoid clogging up your posts with !!!!8820; and the like. Every apostrophe used converts to exclamation marks and numbers.

Go to 'General' > 'Keyboard' > 'Smart Punctuation' and flick the switch off.

Switching off seems to have no negative affect on any other use of the keyboard.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yiannage wrote: »
    Morning All,

Thank you all so far for all your help - it really is so appreciated!

I!!!8217;ve received this morning my copy of the information request sent from the dvla stating they want to !!!8220;contact the driver to request payment!!!8221;

So (& please direct me if I!!!8217;m wrong!) but my next step is to email them to let them know they are misusing my data and I!!!8217;m not happy and considering a counter claim should they continue to harass me!

My understanding is that they have not yet misused your data... they have used it to contact you as keeper to ask if you can reveal the driver.

If they were to take you as keeper to court or give your details to a third party, then they misuse your data and the distress this causes may lead to your decision to counterclaim.

That and how their letter is not compliant to chase a debt.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • Yiannage
    Ah I see....so is it worth contacting them to say if they pursue me in court they will be misusing my data - or just wait it out?

Thank you again for the help!
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think it was my continual informing them of this fact that eventually got them to realise I wasn't messing around.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • Yiannage
    Morning All,

Was thinking of firing off an email this morning now that ive got the info from the DVLA but was wondering how involved it had to be - or whether something similar to below would suffice?

"Good Morning,

I have recently received correspondence from you regarding the above PCN.

I have also received a copy of your information request from the DVLA which clearly states you requested my information to "contact driver to request payment"

As the DVLA records will tell you - I am the registered KEEPER - therefore any further harassment from your company could result in me pursuing a counter claim against you for misusing my information.

Kind Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport