Balance Transfer Leaves a Balance!

2»

Comments

• You're around 22k on a 33k income, which is a fair amount. However, Sainsbury's are one of the more cautious lenders.

Try someone like MBNA. If rejected, leave it a while.
  • Sure, that makes sense.
    But it bothers me now that my un-used cards are being totaled against me, particularly when I don't use them.
    Maybe I should get rid of them, leave a few months and try again. Hmmm....
    Anyway, thanks for advice, must get some sleep now, 6am start! :(
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'd close a couple - lenders know you could suddenly decide to spend on all of them up to the limit. Tesco need a gap of 6 months away from them before you qualify for new customer offers
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Before you close them, ring and ask and see if any of them can do you a BT offer, if not close a couple and wait a few months then try for a new BT card
  • Just popped back to check on this. Thanks for your comments, they've been very helpful. :)
  • Hi,

I got in touch with Tesco & they are offering a 0% balance transfer for 12 months for existing customers, but the offer expires on 2nd November. Guy said they do the offers on a monthly basis.

Just wondering if anyone knows this pattern/history with Tesco & if they are likely to come out with a better offer approaching Christmas - ie~: a longer 0% period??
  • They usually vary person to person
  • tower
    tower Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My Virgin cc 0% is coming to an end and they have offered to extend it for 12 months for a 2% fee
  • Interesting.. ..thanks.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    JackH2019 wrote: »
    Interesting.. ..thanks.

Your credit rating isnt seen by anyone else, your credit history is what lenders see.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure