PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,487
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hope they manage to bring it back for you, apart from the continued support, these threads are such a useful resource x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm not too sure how it works but I often mistakenly report something as Spam when I am scrolling down on my tablet. I always hastily "un-report" it but is it possible that other people have the same problem. I can't think why those two particular threads have been targeted, there are plenty of other threads that can be fairly contentious at times but not those two.

I do hope that something can be done.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 July 2017 at 9:32AM
    monnagran wrote: »
    I'm not too sure how it works but I often mistakenly report something as Spam when I am scrolling down on my tablet. I always hastily "un-report" it but is it possible that other people have the same problem. I can't think why those two particular threads have been targeted, there are plenty of other threads that can be fairly contentious at times but not those two.

I do hope that something can be done.

I doubt it's down to accidental Spam button pressing Monna :)

The SPAM button just gets the post deleted, unless it is the OP of a new thread, I think. You also have to ok that too in another pop up box.

To Report the thread you send a report and state your reason for reporting.

My suspicion is someone (maybe with a grudge against something O/S) has deliberately and repeatedly reported the thread or pressed the SPAM button on the OP of the thread (maybe using AE's):(

It would seem odd if the length of the thread was the reason for deletion, without any warning (it could have just been locked), especially on a Saturday IMHO.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,494
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Would it be possible for someone to just take a dislike to a particular thread and go through just reporting every post as spam? might that be enough to get it taken down? or would the guides check to see who?.

It's possible. There are some odd people around. I post regularly on the Slimming World thread and every now and then we get some weirdo making unpleasant criticism.
    I really hope it's not because these OS boards are deemed to be of no value to MSE HQ and perhaps seen as expendable, I know I'd really miss the chat and friendship that they offer.

I think you have a point about mse's view of 'our' threads. I never understand why they feel it necessary to start their own especially the hypothetical 'moral dilemma' sort. If they've got time on their hands they could help the board guides.
  • HOW is it possible for an entire thread to just disappear into the ether, for the posters to notice it has gone, to flag up the fact to the board guides, to send messages to a board guide (it is Sunday and they're allowed weekends off too I Know!) asking for information, for the replacement thread THIS ONE to still be on the boards and to NOT GET ANY ANSWERS AS TO HOW IT IS POSSIBLE FOR IT TO HAVE HAPPENED???

C'mon guys, at least talk to us, please?
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    HOW is it possible for an entire thread to just disappear into the ether, for the posters to notice it has gone, to flag up the fact to the board guides, to send messages to a board guide (it is Sunday and they're allowed weekends off too I Know!) asking for information, for the replacement thread THIS ONE to still be on the boards and to NOT GET ANY ANSWERS AS TO HOW IT IS POSSIBLE FOR IT TO HAVE HAPPENED???

C'mon guys, at least talk to us, please?

I agree with you MrsLW!

The thread completely disappeared on a Saturday and the issue was flagged up on the same day. Someone must have been working to delete the thread in the first place.

Unfortunately, I don't expect an explanation will be forthcoming.

It happened with the 'Dinner' thread too..I fear other threads may suffer the same fate if something isn't done and the reason for the deletions honestly explained to us O/Sers.
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anyone heard from Knitwitch? x
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    None of the O/S Board Guides have been online since 13/14th July so this issue may need to be flagged up to higher powers that be.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 July 2017 at 8:13PM
    Bit like the Marie Celeste.....sailing along but no one at the helm and no knowledge of where they've disappeared to.....Oh No.....Maydayyyyyyyyy!
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Bit like the Marie Celeste.....sailing along but no one at the hem and no knowledge of where they've disappeared to.....Oh No.....Maydayyyyyyyyy!

:rotfl::rotfl:

That made me laugh MrsLW thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business