ZC's Aim for a little independence

Comments

• zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone.

Still doing well at ZC house. I've had to buy a little black dress for an event last minute. I bought 6 dresses online and have returned 5. Stupidly I forgot to put the returns label in. I rang up and the chap said it should be ok. Fingers crossed as that could be a very expensive !!!! up.

Just done a v expensive food shop as all the family are coming over for roast beef on Sunday. My brother is about to go and work abroad for a few months so we want to give him a good send off.

I'm beginning to feel guilty about my spa break later this month. My family don't do holidays and dh's family do nothing without involving their children so me going away is an anathema to all. I know deep down i should live my life how I want not how they want but it's interesting how much their expectation bothers me.

Sent off the registration fee for DS's school for next September. It felt like rather a momentous cheque to write!

Have a good day everyone.
  • zcrat41
    Hello everyone.
    I'm impressed with Tesco's return service - they found the dresses and refunded me asap. Really chuffed with that.

The mortgage o/p pot is now sitting at just over £1000 since I started in late July. I'm so pleased! I'm thinking of opening a stocks and shares ISA and feeding the money into that. I've been looking at Nutmeg as there's a Quidco incentive of £105 on. Does anyone know anything about it? Or have any advice as to where I can start looking. I'm happy to be pretty risky with the money as I don't need it and can wait out any lows really.
  • zcrat41
    Been reading the MSE guide to S&S ISA. I see the someone like Nutmeg manages the money for me whereas another platform I have to choose the funds for it to go in. Not sure really!

Off to toddler group at church today then a nice quiet day at home with the kids cleaning/doing the garden/baking.
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Great diary and well done ,great progress.
  • zcrat41
    Thanks Try Harder.

Today has not been a good day. Our drill broke. Our tractor broke. We discovered our Solar panels have been broken for a week. Our boiler broke.

Then the child 1 had a poo accident and child 2 tried to help clear up.....

And being a family business we all had a mighty great row and blamed each other.

I've just eaten a whole pizza and opened the wine. Roll on tomorrow for a fresh start:rotfl:

On a positive not I'm quite chuffed with myself for not ordering takeaway!!
  • Hope things go a bit better for you today. Sounds like a crazy day. Is it all fixable?
  • zcrat41
    Thanks Eating the Elephant (great username by the way)

It is all fixable - slightly annoying with the drill as it's a very expensive new bit of equipment and it seems like a manufacturer fault.

Today seems to be going much better! Spend £5 at a church coffee morning and £1.99 on a last minute kids birthday card. I need to make a trip to card factor to pick up 10 for £1.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
  • Aww....glad today has been much better :) x
    Debt remaining: :(
    Mortgage - £117,759 (£134,600, Nov 2013)

Work overpayment and home improvement loan paid back (£19200) :beer:

• zcrat41
    Afternoon all.

A stressful few weeks has seen me dip into the mortgage o/p fund. It's not the end of the world as I can afford a treat and it's made me feel a lot better (I've booked some treatments for my spa stay next week) but it would be easy to fritter the money away. So, today I rang up and made my first op to the mortgage - £300. I've also set up a £50 regular o/p.

I've also set up a S&S Isa with Charles Stanley and transferred £300 into that plus a £50 regular payment in.

That leaves £300 sitting in the o/p fund in high interest current acc. I will leave that there just as a little back up for anything that needs doing with the intention of paying more off the mortgage once it's done.
  • zcrat41
    Morning all.

So I had my spa stay and it was AMAZING! I love that place so much. It really reinvigorates me for the year. They do a 20% off gift vouchers in November so I'll be asking DH to get me those again for Xmas. Thinking about it I may be better to buy the remainder of my trip (I like to go in November and it costs around £300 all in and DH buys me £70) in that deal too. I then hang on to the vouchers and buy one of their good offers. Hmmm may think about that.

Talking of presents Xmas is round the corner. The godmother to my youngest has asked whether we want to do Xmas presents, I'm thinking of saying no as my kids presents are getting a bit out of hand but then she will be buying my DD a birthday present each year as godmother. Not sure really.

We get some Tesco vouchers for supplying them as farmers - they equate to 10% off and they've just arrived which is great. The only downside is that I can't use them online. This drives me mad as friends who work for Tescos tell me they can use their discount online.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback