Add your feedback on energy supplier Places for People Energy

Comments

• gasman
    gasman Posts: 21 Forumite
    I have just been reading the details of prices they charge for their tariff 'Together February 2017 -Fixed 30' and their is a discrepancy in the DAILY CHARGES of what is shown on Martins comparison site and Places For People website. Therefore, I am now reluctant to trust any other comparisons made, far better to look up the details yourself to ensure accuracy.
    I'm just coming to an end on Extra Energy Feb2016, it was a very good tariff..where do I go now, that's the question?
  • davidsuffolk
    davidsuffolk Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2016 at 5:43PM
    I have just started to switch to them as my Sainsbury Energy deal is ending. PfP came second (but only by £0.70p) to Extra Energy but having read some poor comments on Extra decided to go with PfP.

I have to say (after the complete debacle switching to Sainsbury) SO FAR it seems to be going well. I got the welcome pack immediately. the DD is correctly showing on my bank account and BG have contacted with a "sorry you're leaving" email. The PfP website seems very easy and has a countdown to when they want meter readings.
    Early days to be saying much but it does seem good so far. Only time will tell but the monthly DD is anticipated at about £3pm less than I was paying whereas BG wanted to increase by over £500 pa.

Fingers crossed!
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    There are plenty of companies who will reduce your direct debit, which is fine if it covers your consumption.

You really must compare tariffs and not just the DD as you could be in for a nasty shock if a catch-up bill comes in.

All comparisons should be done based on your your actual consumption in kwh rather than some fictitious guess (usually called an estimate) and not on just comparing DDs
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Thank you for the advice. PfP had a TCR & SC that were slightly lower, (hence the £3 per month difference).The DD was based upon my actual annual consumption in Kw hours so I think that part may be covered.
  • matelodave wrote: »
    There are plenty of companies who will reduce your direct debit, which is fine if it covers your consumption.

You really must compare tariffs and not just the DD as you could be in for a nasty shock if a catch-up bill comes in.

All comparisons should be done based on your your actual consumption in kwh rather than some fictitious guess (usually called an estimate) and not on just comparing DDs

Presumably you must have some experience of PfP to have said this so, how have you found them? Have they quoted you an unrealistic DD?
  • Update on the switch as promised.

When I first started the switch I got (immediately) an email with a welcome pack with a takeover date of today, 5th February and a request to submit readings on 31st January. I registered on their website and on the 31st entered the readings.

Today, the correct readings appeared on the webpage and I got an email saying that as of now they are supplying gas & electricity.

So far it has been faultless and a lot different to when I switched in to Sainsbury's Energy with the 2015 collective switch. It remains to be seen as to whether leaving SE is as difficult as joining them!
  • Bratchman
    Bratchman Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm considering joining PfP Energy has anyone else got any feedback? It's a bit of a leap in the dark as this thread is the only thing I've found about them. It all looks good on the face of things.
  • I don't think PfP have many customers yet (which may well be a good thing!) so there may not be that many forum members to offer their opinions. My account number is just over 4000

As said earlier, so far absolutely 100%
  • gd1000
    gd1000 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Depends on why you want PfP as your supplier. If cheap energy, then probably OK.
    If it's a protest against the Big 6 and their outrageous salaries to the Board, then not OK.

PfP's annual accounts show that they pay their 5 directors over £240,000 per year, with the top earner getting £483,000
  • Ats
    Ats Posts: 1 Newbie
    They do not seem to pay staff very well and they seemed to be over worked:

See GlassDoors website (sorry as a new user cannot insert a link).

Will wait until next year to see if staff are treated better, then may join up.

They also have their fingers in different pies, so this could be a problem in the sense that they do not concentrate on each interest.:eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback