TalkTalk SkySports & the elusive red button

That could make a good novel title . . .maybe. Anyway, moving on swiftly. This is one for TalkTalk customers that have SkySports full package included or added on to their current TV package.

I have this package, but for some reason the red button doesn't work on SkySports (like when there are several games on at the same time and you can press the red button to change to some of the other games).
I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me and can't access this particular service. I would have thought that as I'm paying for the full SkySports package that this service should also work.

I don't think it's my remote control as the red button works okay when I use the BBC service.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter? Thanks.

Comments

• Full red button Sky Sports services only available via a Sky or Virgin Media Subscription I'm afraid.
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,021
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 October 2018 at 7:43AM
    Your TT/Sky Sports is delivered over the Internet, regular Sky customers get their TV via their satellite dish, pressing the red button gives the option to presumably switch the satellite feed...is it possible to have full red button functions over the Internet, probably, but Sky although happy to have you as a sports customer via TT, would prefer to have you as a direct 'Sky' customer, so are not likely to make resellers of Sky Sports 'equal' to their own direct offering, so chances are when Sky did a deal with TT so TT could offer Sky Sports, the red button was never included, you could be worse off, currently Sky only allow BT two sports channels on their TV service and charge massively for it, unlike OR who have to offer wholesale access to anyone who wants it at the same price, Sky don't have to wholesale their TV, and can charge whatever they like for it if they do, and charge some more than others
  • Thanks. I thought it was something along those lines . . Either a bad deal negotiated or a box/software problem .As usual the company themselves were very coy about the reasons and just sent generic replies.
    At least I'm almost certain there's nothing I can do at my end now (apart from switching to Sky or Virgin of course).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure