Disability Forums

Comments

• :embarasse sorry about that

try this one

http://www.brainfog.org/phpBB2/index.php

If all else fails; just stick Brainfog into your search engine

I don't actually use the other 2 forums; between having ME and using the forum I help moderate, and looking after my lot I've enough
  • Newbie here, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on this particular point.
    I'm full time carer to a high functioning Autistic Daughter aged 6 coming up for 7 in March (and don't I know it!!..." Mummy, how many sleeps til my birthday..." an' all that jazz since the summer!). My parents are desperate to take her and my other non autistic daughter on holiday abroad with them, but since I know she's ultra sensitive to noise and smells and changes in temperature as well as changes in environment, I'm paranoid about letting them take her with them. Thus the other daughter doesn't get to go either cos that wouldn't be fair. Does anyone know of any facilities near Fife that could help us with this? I'd LOVE to have a week or weekend break even having been full time 24/7 carer for her!!
    You see, ... RA is a sleep walker and though high functioning in the day she's also VERY high maintainence at night, making it impossible to get ANY respite whilst keeping her on an even keel through her primary years at school!! Hope you guys can help cos I think I've searched everywhere!...And please note, for myself, as someone who CAN'T work even though I'm desperate to despite my own long term illness (fibromyaglia 12 years diagnosed and counting!) the services must either be free or be reasonably priced so I can appropriate funds from her DLA. (she's on high rate care low rate mobility btw)
    Thanks peeps
  • maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • Not so much a forum.. but a website showing disabled access in the UK (things like the underground and hotels etc) all free http://www.directenquiries.com
  • sunshine71
    sunshine71 Posts: 10 Forumite
    thanks for the great forum, i sometimes have problems typing, i'm quite lucky and use Dragon to do my university work for me, just wondering if you knew about it and if it might be any help to you
  • Andy50_2
    Andy50_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Here's a couple of sites that might be of help, yourable.com which has a large forum icluding a section on benefits and appeals, plus another covering legal matters
    youreable.com

This one's for anybody affected by Spina bifida/Hydrocephalus
    asbah.org
  • Thanks for this foxxy- this has helped me out alot in gaining new disability resources.

Here's another great one for you, its a general disability community forum:

AbleSea.com
  • Magenta
    Magenta Posts: 2,129
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What a great thread!

A big thanks to everyone who has posted a link x Wiil be looking at them allx
    :smileyheaMagenta
  • Hi

I have just found a new site ww.mobilityfriends.co.uk it has a forum and loads of other useful stuff....
  • can dial uk please be added as a useful place? not a forum but local branches can be found using their websites find a dial link and they are excellent for disability advice.
    http://www.dialuk.info/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport