Who's invested in Cryptocurrency

Comments

• Theta101
    Theta101 Posts: 140 Forumite
    The January CBOE Bitcoin Futures expire today.
    Could be part of the reason nearly all the CC coins went red today.
    Mosty Green on the day now.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/#/usd
  • Theta101 wrote: »
    Yes could be.

All the big (and little) software companies are working flat out to embrace Blockchain in some way.
    Imagine an email application that is Spam free or Web sites without annoying adverts!
    Blockchain needs the first 'Killer' Application like email/spreadsheet was to the Internet for the masses.

Googlemail is pretty close to being spam free, as for blocking ads - a pihole DNS server is about £20 and does the job.

As for internet - I think there'll be a "web 2.0" which is government monitored and "supported" with UK being an early adopter, for our own protection of course. But that's another story..
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hi, I'm a member of many Facebook groups but wanted to see how many UK people here have invested in Cryptocurrency? Have you managed to make a profit? Have you spent any of your profit?

I've been investing for several months now and In 2018 i'm hoping that my investments make me a millionaire due to the amount of holdings I have.

Spam.Spam. Spam,Spam glorious Spam.
  • Hey,

I'm trading cryptos instead of buying the coins. So I'm making money regardless of which way it's going in the market.
  • As for internet - I think there'll be a "web 2.0" which is government monitored and "supported" with UK being an early adopter, for our own protection of course. But that's another story..
    The genie is out of the bottle on encryption, doesn't matter how much monitoring is in place.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • The genie is out of the bottle on encryption, doesn't matter how much monitoring is in place.

What on earth does that mean?
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    What on earth does that mean?

I suspect it's a reference to the fact that the governments of the world can't "uninvent" strong encryption that is unbreakable in any reasonable amount of time.

They can try to promote their own versions of encryption with built-in weaknesses and backdoors, but they can't make the genuinely strong algorithms just go away.

Of course, it's a simplistic view, because using genuinely strong encryption is not easy (both ends of every communication obviously need to use it, and it's seldom packaged in an easy-to-use way), and also because the fact that you are using strong encryption may in itself be enough for you to get marked out for attention and, possibly, other forms of surveillance.
  • fwor wrote: »

Of course, it's a simplistic view, because using genuinely strong encryption is not easy (both ends of every communication obviously need to use it, and it's seldom packaged in an easy-to-use way), and also because the fact that you are using strong encryption may in itself be enough for you to get marked out for attention and, possibly, other forms of surveillance.

Have you never used a https website?

This offers strong encryption that's easy to use and won't get you marked for surveillance (though of course you can say everyone in UK is marked for internet surveillance)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure