The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    'Tis dire when it is your money.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Eating in cages indeed :o :rotfl: I can assure you I rarely eat in a cage. I do, however, often eat in CAFES and type on my phone with my fat thumbs... :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :

Well GP got it straight away. I was wracking my brains wondering if it was a restaurant chain I hadn't heard of, or perhaps a type of food. Obvs now I see g and f next to each other.
    Must have been tired.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Verbatim wrote: »
    Well GP got it straight away. I was wracking my brains wondering if it was a restaurant chain I hadn't heard of, or perhaps a type of food. Obvs now I see g and f next to each other.
    Must have been tired.

Well I still dont get it:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well I still dont get it:o

Love, Cheery meant to write 'cafes' but inadvertently pressed the 'g' rather than the 'f', so it read as cages, rather than cafes, in her post.

I have to say, I think that anyone that uses a phone to reply deserves a medal, I know I couldn't do it. I have difficulty just reading posts on my phone, and don't do it very often.

Well, to be fair, the amateur building supplies company did phone back. The situation should be resolved tomorrow. I won't hold my breath.

And on a positive note, I forgot to say that MSE and the 'virtual friends' I have met are with me on a daily basis. When i popped into h0me bargins today, I chuckled to myself, as of ALL the things in the 'bargain baskets' at the entrance to the store, they had....... jars of Ginger Jam! It was Ch1vers brand and they wanted 69p a jar for it. INOD immediately sprung to mind! I'm not sure HB has opened in INOD's neck of the woods, but I thought of you, all the same :D If anyone else is interested they had Ch1vers orange marmalade too for the same price.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £2/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    And on a positive note, I forgot to say that MSE and the 'virtual friends' I have met are with me on a daily basis.

You know we're not real don't you... we're just figments of your imagination that live inside your computer :cool:
  • Greying, we do have HB but a car ride away. Confession time however, after a day when I made the worst fudge ever, burnt toast, had to resort to u tube to put an attachment on a mixer, I was afraid to even try your suggestions. Instead I spent £4.99 in an in town deli and still haven't been brave enough to attempt the recipe.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    greenbee wrote: »
    You know we're not real don't you... we're just figments of your imagination that live inside your computer :cool:

Stop messing with my head, you........ :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:;)
    Greying, we do have HB but a car ride away. Confession time however, after a day when I made the worst fudge ever, burnt toast, had to resort to u tube to put an attachment on a mixer, I was afraid to even try your suggestions. Instead I spent £4.99 in an in town deli and still haven't been brave enough to attempt the recipe.

Ach hun - you don't have to try any of my suggestions at all :D Besides, I'm not real, don't forget that...... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:;)

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• Evening Greying, i was thinking of you tonight. I visited a friend who has started a business making her own smoked chillies, black garlic and smoked garlic. Ive come home this evening with goegeous products to try. :T:T:T

Now to plan my menu Tilly xxxxxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Evening Greying, i was thinking of you tonight. I visited a friend who has started a business making her own smoked chillies, black garlic and smoked garlic. Ive come home this evening with goegeous products to try. :T:T:T

Now to plan my menu Tilly xxxxxx

oooh, how intriguing. So daft question - as I have seen smoked garlic bulbs in shops - does it last longer once smoked? Or is it simply an extra layer of flavouring that is yielded to the cook? As you know, I'm a 'Jilly come lately' to roasted garlic, so I don't know all about smoked products - well, with the exception of (ground) smoked paprika. I had to look up what Black Garlic was :o

I shall look forward to hearing what menus it inspires :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• Apologies for my spelling mistakes last night :(

I'll let you know what I'm making :)

Tilly xxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income