PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hoarding...not just on TV

Comments

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    bobble_hat wrote: »
    Hee hee The Resurwrecktion :A

So cool, thats the name done!

:j
  • alec_eiffel
    alec_eiffel Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    valk_scot wrote: »
    I just discovered one of my underbed drawers has collapsed due, no doubt, to the weight of bargain Body Shop body butters in there. :rotfl:

I am going to have to jemmy the front off, remove the body butters and then hope to pull the rest of the drawer out relatively intact so I can mend it. But really, who has more body butters than they can use in this lifetime, nearly? I could understand it if they were Herbal Essences shampoo (who remembers the famous Boots Herbal Essences glitch then?) but even at discount, Body Shop products cost hard cash. How much money have I got tied up in "bargains" in this house? I'm beginning to realise that having huge stocks of some things isn't always very money saving, is it? Unless they were actually free.

I agree.

Bargain hunting doesn't suit me, shopping around and stocking up doesn't save me money either, it just allows me to have a good excuse for any purchase. There's never any grocery budget left no matter how many bargains I buy so I don't look for them. The type of stuff I buy comes up on special offer on a regular basis so I only need enough to last me until next time. For things like toiletries I've trained myself to have one in use and one in store. I never run out, don't have the scarcity fear and don't have money bound up in nothing. It's one of those things that is really hard to do considering what a simple thing it is.
  • whitewing wrote: »
    Quick, introduce him to buffy.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :) Dunno where he is now, I left him in a pub in the Lakes........careless of me, I know, but he was far too young for me. He has curly hair and drives a red Mini so mebbe she can flag him down somewhere..............?:)

A pub near the Lakes eh?

*wanders off to look at train times *
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DH is sorting thro DD's clothes, ready to take out the stuff that is slightly too tight.

He has just found a whole load of cuddly toys stuffed at the back of her cupboard.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Had a text (of all things, no phone call) from sister's neighbour saying I was to return the paperwork I took, including the cheque book, (I don't have it, never saw it, and what would I do with it??)...that sister did not want to see me, and I was return stuff via neighbour. Oh and she's doing really well now home...(so no excuse for being a b!tch then).

A ruddy text.

I haven't replied, stewing over a reply right now that doesn't include all exclamation marks.

I will of course return her "paperwork" although tempted to shred the lot. :mad:

and say it represents my heart. :(

I didn't have to get involved, but I would have been there for her no matter the outcome of her diagnosis. Which is still in process.

I wouldn't have touched the paperwork except the neighbour said she didn't expect sister to go home again (and as she was very experienced in care, I thought she knew what she was talking about), plus I asked my sister, once when she was in and out of the "now", and once in front of my DD (as a witness) when she was very well...just before being released from hospital.

So, it's walking away time, well, being pushed away time, and counselling cant't come soon enough.
  • In hoarding news.............

I cut down my hand bag collection from two storage boxes and a pile hanging on the door to one smaller storage box, I now have 5 bags for charity shop.....done clothes, shoes and bags, listed books on Green met, and CDs on music magpie.

Need to tackle the shed next. In general it has been a disappointing summer and am annoyed with myself but must remember progress is progress however small xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • whitewing
    Byatt,

Any chance you can get this paperwork out of your life now? Then you can spend your time and energy on things that will enhance your life. You acted with the very best of intentions and you and your DD know that. Stuff the rest of them.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • whitewing
    Re the newly discovered toys. We are keeping 5 and charity shopping the rest - that's real progress.
  • viv1956
    viv1956 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Need some help sorting my cleaning cupboard - how many cloths does one person need - I have 4 box loads......how do I get rid?
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    WW, I will pop in the post today, or tomorrow, depending on my motivation to get dressed. Luckily enough I had a delivery from Hal£ Co$st and the plastic bag is just perfect for putting the rubbish, oops paperwork in.

Instant declutter!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport