Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    So I'm at the supermarket buying a bag of grain-free dog food. While in the check out line a lady behind me asked me if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, right! So being me, I told her no, I don't have a dog, I'm starting the Dog Food Diet again, and I probably shouldn't because last time I ended up in the hospital - but I did lose 50 lbs prior to waking up in the ICU with IV's and tubes in both ends. I also told her that it was a perfect diet because all I would have to do is load my pockets full of dog nuggets and eat 1 or 2 each time I was hungry. The nuggets are nutritionally complete so this why I want to try it again. (I have to mention that everyone in line behind us were completely enthralled with my story!). Horrified, she asked if I landed up in the hospital because the dog food poisoned me. I told her sarcastically NO, I stepped off of a curb to sniff a poodle and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard.
    Now that you've read this, I confess I copied and shared it. Now it's your turn to copy and share, make someone laugh today. We all could use a good laugh, lol !!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    tweets wrote: »
    So I'm at the supermarket buying a bag of grain-free dog food. While in the check out line a lady behind me asked me if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, right! So being me, I told her no, I don't have a dog, I'm starting the Dog Food Diet again, and I probably shouldn't because last time I ended up in the hospital - but I did lose 50 lbs prior to waking up in the ICU with IV's and tubes in both ends. I also told her that it was a perfect diet because all I would have to do is load my pockets full of dog nuggets and eat 1 or 2 each time I was hungry. The nuggets are nutritionally complete so this why I want to try it again. (I have to mention that everyone in line behind us were completely enthralled with my story!). Horrified, she asked if I landed up in the hospital because the dog food poisoned me. I told her sarcastically NO, I stepped off of a curb to sniff a poodle and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard.
    Now that you've read this, I confess I copied and shared it. Now it's your turn to copy and share, make someone laugh today. We all could use a good laugh, lol !!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone
    Having a good giggle at some of the posts on here :D
    I was wondering who on earth I even am earlier :D I got up at 6.45am and was in the uni library for 9 to finish and submit my assignment. As I was typing I sat there musing about when I last went to a campus based university. I basically collected my student loan and was only seen a handful of times for the rest of the year- assignment submission was an unknown topic to me most of the time as was paying my fees on time:rotfl: (I was pretty rebellious :D)23 year old me would have been absolutely horrified at 37 year old me dragging myself out of my nice warm bed in order to get to the library,finish my assignment and submit on time like a good little girl :D Not only have all my assignments been submitted on time but my fees have been paid in full on time as well :D Granted I have missed about 50% of the seminars but my tutors are okay with that as I have good reasons. If you had told 23 year old me that some day I would be doing a Masters and doing fairly well at it I would literally be :rotfl:
    That will be my deep and meaningful musing for the day- I have turned into a swot :rotfl:
    Today’s food:
    B:HEXB porridge with HEXA milk and raspberries,decaf coffee with remainder of HEXA
    L: M&S Irish Stew (2) Boots Shapers sushi (1) Apple, grapes, Shapers cream soda
    T: 2 x SW burgers, LMc RO&R sausage, SW chips, onions, peppers, carrots. Quark with 2 x Highlights (4) blueberries, water
    S: 3 Broghies with chicken (3) Quavers (4.5) NAS Vimto
    Syns: 14.5
    Night all. :D xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Perhaps luckily for me the battery in my scales has gone flat whilst I was away so I've got no idea what damage I may have done! My gut feel is that it's not too bad however.

Good day today

Breakfast: scrambled egg, spinach, goats cheese (HEA)
    Lunch: lentils, veg and grilled low fat halloumi (2)
    Dinner: prawns, pineapple, red pepper and homemade sugar free teriyaki sauce

Snack: apple, almonds (HEB)
  • beanielou
    Also today is very much a day of reflection.
    Today it is 22 years since the horror of Dunblane.
    So please take a moment to remember the children & their teacher.
    Always in our heart.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Evening everyone
    Having a good giggle at some of the posts on here :D
    I was wondering who on earth I even am earlier :D I got up at 6.45am and was in the uni library for 9 to finish and submit my assignment. As I was typing I sat there musing about when I last went to a campus based university. I basically collected my student loan and was only seen a handful of times for the rest of the year- assignment submission was an unknown topic to me most of the time as was paying my fees on time:rotfl: (I was pretty rebellious :D)23 year old me would have been absolutely horrified at 37 year old me dragging myself out of my nice warm bed in order to get to the library,finish my assignment and submit on time like a good little girl :D Not only have all my assignments been submitted on time but my fees have been paid in full on time as well :D Granted I have missed about 50% of the seminars but my tutors are okay with that as I have good reasons. If you had told 23 year old me that some day I would be doing a Masters and doing fairly well at it I would literally be :rotfl:
    That will be my deep and meaningful musing for the day- I have turned into a swot :rotfl:
    Today’s food:
    B:HEXB porridge with HEXA milk and raspberries,decaf coffee with remainder of HEXA
    L: M&S Irish Stew (2) Boots Shapers sushi (1) Apple, grapes, Shapers cream soda
    T: 2 x SW burgers, LMc RO&R sausage, SW chips, onions, peppers, carrots. Quark with 2 x Highlights (4) blueberries, water
    S: 3 Broghies with chicken (3) Quavers (4.5) NAS Vimto
    Syns: 14.5
    Night all. :D xx

Well done at getting the assignment done.... we had total faith in you :T:T:T:T:T
    Nicki wrote: »
    Perhaps luckily for me the battery in my scales has gone flat whilst I was away so I've got no idea what damage I may have done! My gut feel is that it's not too bad however.

Good day today

Breakfast: scrambled egg, spinach, goats cheese (HEA)
    Lunch: lentils, veg and grilled low fat halloumi (2)
    Dinner: prawns, pineapple, red pepper and homemade sugar free teriyaki sauce

Snack: apple, almonds (HEB)

Stuff the weight .... what did you do? what did you buy? where did you eat?...... we need details!

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Sunshinemummy
    edited 13 March 2018 at 10:08PM
    beanielou wrote: »
    Also today is very much a day of reflection.
    Today it is 22 years since the horror of Dunblane.
    So please take a moment to remember the children & their teacher.
    Always in our heart.

It is a day to catch our breath, and then to be pleased that we learnt and evolved from this incident. x
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Weighed in a day early this week but super thrilled to have lost -3.5lb!! Woohoo! That is 10lb in 3 weeks. And as my husband agreed when I got to 6 stone loss that he was going to put £5 in my moneybox for each pound I lose instead of the £1 he had been putting in, that was a nice little chunk in the pot tonight!

Will be off plan Wednesday/Thursday/Friday now though as I'm taking 30 of our Y5/6 children away on residential. We were supposed to go a couple of weeks ago but 'The Beast from The East' stopped our adventure! Normally my suitcase would contain a selection of family sized sharing bags of chocolate but I'm not taking any extra snacks with me this year. I know I will be having syns for my main meals as I have a choice of only what they are serving! Hoping as it's for the kids they will try and serve them nutritious food but not sure if I'm being ambitious! I know when I went to look around before they had a salad bar so if all else fails there is hopefully that!

I will eat breakfast here before I leave and we have to take a packed lunch as we don't arrive in time to eat a cooked lunch there so I've got egg and potato salad, melon and a yoghurt. So dinner will be the only off plan meal tomorrow. Then Friday I will be home for dinner and I have a SW frozen ready meal so I can get back on it ASAP when I get back.

I need 1.5lb to get my 6.5 stone award and would love that next week but need to stay focused whilst away to achieve that.
  • Sunshinemummy
    MissTeach wrote: »
    Weighed in a day early this week but super thrilled to have lost -3.5lb!! Woohoo! That is 10lb in 3 weeks. And as my husband agreed when I got to 6 stone loss that he was going to put £5 in my moneybox for each pound I lose instead of the £1 he had been putting in, that was a nice little chunk in the pot tonight!

Will be off plan Wednesday/Thursday/Friday now though as I'm taking 30 of our Y5/6 children away on residential. We were supposed to go a couple of weeks ago but 'The Beast from The East' stopped our adventure! Normally my suitcase would contain a selection of family sized sharing bags of chocolate but I'm not taking any extra snacks with me this year. I know I will be having syns for my main meals as I have a choice of only what they are serving! Hoping as it's for the kids they will try and serve them nutritious food but not sure if I'm being ambitious! I know when I went to look around before they had a salad bar so if all else fails there is hopefully that!

I will eat breakfast here before I leave and we have to take a packed lunch as we don't arrive in time to eat a cooked lunch there so I've got egg and potato salad, melon and a yoghurt. So dinner will be the only off plan meal tomorrow. Then Friday I will be home for dinner and I have a SW frozen ready meal so I can get back on it ASAP when I get back.

I need 1.5lb to get my 6.5 stone award and would love that next week but need to stay focused whilst away to achieve that.

God I hope you survive this trip......... I would need alcohol to get me through!
  • beanielou
    It is a day to catch our breathe, and then to be pleased that we learnt and evolved from this incident. x

It is indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure