Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,062
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    That must be really frustrating, hope its easy to sort. Harder in these days of online bills.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks redo - all my financial affairs are carried out online these days and I don't have any statements or bills sent to me through the post. However they haven't said I can't submit online downloads - they didn't even ask for a certified copy of my passport, just a copy. But annoyingly because I haven't got a printer at home I've tried to download and print statements at work, but the firewall here is stopping the downloads!:mad: So I now have to wait till I get up to DD's at the weekend and download and print from there!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Can you screen shot and print out?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Thanks very much Scott. All ok now apart from the odd little cough! I'm still trundling on with the surveys - stuck at £16.76 with PA though have gone up to £18.40 with Opinium (have to get to £24 before payout here).

You know what i am going to see re PA lol just drop it down lol. I am on something like £1.45 on opinium.

Thanks btw for popping down regularly when i was well going through a yak phase on my diary
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Seasidegal58
    Forumite
    Can you screen shot and print out?

Hi inod - I can't actually open the download into a pdf to take a screen shot. Very annoying!:mad:
    You know what i am going to see re PA lol just drop it down lol. I am on something like £1.45 on opinium.

Thanks btw for popping down regularly when i was well going through a yak phase on my diary

I'm so pleased that you are feeling better Scott and are back hitting the surveys as only you do!:)

I'm at DD's so thought I would make an early start for a change with my diary. I wanted to catch up on the train last night but Virgin East Coast WiFi was on the blink!

Had a result at work yesterday - got my pay rise - only really in line with cost of living, but better than nothing. I'm at the top end of my peer group pay scale and as I'm don't bring in revenue or manage staff I wouldnt think this is going to change much now on the run up to retirement. The good result was my bonus which after tax will pay for my new kitchen with hopefully a bit left over so I don't have to draw down the tax free cash from my pension. :j. So I will start looking into kitchens next month when the weather is more spring like.

DD and OH picked me up from the station last night - we went for a really good meal at their little local Thai restaurant - which was my treat. Today DD and I are having a mooch around town and tonight I'm being taken for a Mother's Day dinner instead of lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrow we're going to go out for early brunch and miss the madness of the Mother's Day lunch routine. Hopefully seeing 'I Tonya' at the cinema in the evening.

Have a good Saturday everyone!
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Great news on the pay and bonus. Will be interested to hear what you pick as a kitchen .

Have a great weekend with DD and OH . It all sounds great .

Even the weather is warmer .
  • Seasidegal58
    Forumite
    Thanks Cumbria!:wave:

I'm going to have a look online at the Howdens website. Was thinking perhaps nice light grey cupboards with white marble tops and splashbacks........ Hmmm - not sure - will have to have a good peruse! Tbh I'll be so pleased to get it done - it looks so shabby compared to the rest of the flat!

Yep weather has certainly warmed up thank goodness!
    🌟
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Ooh.. like the sound of that and to be paid for from the bonus...thats a great result..well done you :T

Enjoy the meals and the cinema...xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,099
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My new kitchen is from Howdens - can recommend. I had cream units with light oak work tops but kept changing my mind right up to the last minute.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,062
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    A friend of mine had a howdens one, it was lovely and nicely made. I just like looking at the options :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback