Dismissed on the grounds of redundancy

12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    it effectively reduces the ability for someone else to quote and counter them.
    I agree, but we are now going waaay off topic..
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Interesting you mention public services, yes they do a good job. Some very essential jobs, but the public sector is overstretched. They have financial cutbacks. So if they cannot afford to employ you anymore, jog on and find another job. A tribunal costs them a lot of money. The cost of defending themselves in a tribunal probably costs them the wages of hiring a staff for the entire year

Funny how some people who defend the public sector and public sector will at the same breath recommend someone fired by the public sector go speak to unions and take them to a tribunal.

Because they’re still employees?....
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    it may be convenient for you, but its confusing to others, especially those who haven't follow the thread all the way. Also it's not possible to reply to your comments in red font that you put inside another persons quotations because the forum won't quote within a quote.

I guess this is the preferred mode for people who like to bury the heads in their sands and not have to deal with countering views. As it effectively reduces the ability for someone else to quote and counter them.

Oh: Copy and paste is your friend
  • Interesting you mention public services, yes they do a good job. Some very essential jobs, but the public sector is overstretched. They have financial cutbacks. So if they cannot afford to employ you anymore, jog on and find another job. A tribunal costs them a lot of money. The cost of defending themselves in a tribunal probably costs them the wages of hiring a staff for the entire year

Funny how some people who defend the public sector and public sector will at the same breath recommend someone fired by the public sector go speak to unions and take them to a tribunal.

Err...you previously said employees had too many rights. Now you are saying they don't?

I also don't believe your suggestion of how much it costs a NHS trust to defend an ET! We would just get rid of staff...my former employer did so!

I defend the public sector, but if any employee was wrongly dismissed I would also defend their right to take their public sector employer to an ET.

You may find that "funny" but you obviously have no sense of humour...
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,618 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 February 2018 at 9:09PM
    Indeed they do
    That doesn't make it the correct way to respond.

Really? Easier than this?

Copy and Paste is your friend.. :D

Well, that's not quite true. Posting is a privilege, not a right.

You have broken up my post into part sentences. I specifically referred to paragraphs!
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • You have broken up my post
    Indeed
    into part sentences.
    Indeed
    I specifically referred to paragraphs!
    Similarly, I can break up paragraphs from posts and respond to each individually.

Other users can do the same.

Copy and paste is every user's friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family