Included Insurance with Bank Account who is responsible?

Options
Having some issues with Nationwide FlexPlus account Travel Insurance. Are Nationwide the body who carry responsibility for any problems because I pay them for this included service or can they simply palm me off to the insurance company saying "I have forwarded your letter to UK Insurance as it's their responsibility to manage complaints about Travel Insurance". Is there any redress with Nationwide.

Comments

• dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Nationwide don't provide the insurance themselves so you need to deal with the provider.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It clearly makes sense to deal with the actual insurance provider initially but IMHO the fact that account holders pay Nationwide does mean that Nationwide are ultimately in the loop and so do bear some responsibility, albeit more in a legal/contractual sense than a practical/operational one.

However, much depends on what the complaint actually is in terms of whether Nationwide can realistically help or not, what's the issue?
  • Anonymously
    Options
    It is a practical one and therefore UKI clearly need to give the answers, but I wondered if they should give them via Nationwide and Nationwide do the chasing etc, when there is no reply or not in correct timescale.

Basing on goods purchased where the person you pay the money to has to take up the problem, I believe.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is a practical one and therefore UKI clearly need to give the answers, but I wondered if they should give them via Nationwide and Nationwide do the chasing etc, when there is no reply or not in correct timescale.

Adding Nationwide as an intermediary is only likely to make things take even longer, so I'd continue to deal directly with UKI. What I would do is ensure that if you are not being treated fairly by UKI that you also complain separately to Nationwide.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Nationwide are of course ultimately responsible as it is them who provide the account and benefits so if you're talking about complaints and so on then it is Nationwide you should complain to

however from a practical points of View day-to-day business etc obviously it makes sense to deal with insurance company Direct
  • sandollar
    Options
    Just found this thread. I too have issues with UKI. I'm still waiting for my claim to be resolved concerning my partners death due to an accident on holiday JULY 2017 !
    I have complied with every request for paperwork and evidence but still no sign of them reaching an agreement to settle the medical bills. I find it all very stressful.
    Is it usual for such claims to take so long?
    Who at Nationwide would I complain to about UKI's handling of my claim?
    Any advice gratefully received
  • eskbanker
    Options
    sandollar wrote: »
    Who at Nationwide would I complain to about UKI's handling of my claim?
    https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/contact-us/make-a-complaint
  • realaledrinker
    realaledrinker Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 February 2018 at 1:37AM
    Options
    Cannot save link but google Nationwide CEO.
    Ethical moneysaver
  • realaledrinker
    Options
    Deleted post
    Ethical moneysaver
  • eskbanker
    Options
    Cannot save link but google Nationwide CEO.
    The main Nationwide complaints page (link in my above post) unusually includes a link to a form for complaining to the chief executive('s office), so they're obviously used to dealing with people who feel that starting at the top is the most appropriate approach, although the sceptic would observe that the more who do that, the less likely it is that anyone senior would ever actually see them....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure