IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel Parking PCN

milkybk
milkybk Posts: 328 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited 14 February 2017 at 5:59PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Afternoon all,

I recently received a PCN NTK from Excel Parking Limited through the mail. I never had anything placed on my windscreen and this letter was the first I heard about it. Please find the letter below:

EDIT: Can't post images due to being a new member...

This company is an IPC member, therefore I have sent a copy of the draft letter found in the newbies FAQ sticky to Excel. Please find below:

Re PCN number: EPS XXXXX

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company?
2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site and which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
4. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.
5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, for example) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle, whether you have already obtained it or not. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days.

Yours faithfully,
XXXXXXXXX

I have posted this letter to the address shown on my PCN. However should I be also emailing it and/or logging it through the myparkingcharge website?

The car park in question is an open roof top car park above multiple shops. I will be complaining to the manager of the Morrison's branch situated under it. I will also be returning to the car park at the same time received the ticket to take pictures of alleged signage etc in case I require it during any appeal process.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 February 2017 at 6:05PM
    You appeal by whatever means the PCN/NTK tells you to do. If that is by post then that's OK as long as you didn't send it recorded delivery as the scammers can refuse to sign for it and thus have proof it never arrived.

If the PCN/NTK says email or gives you an online appeal page, then use that. Just watch out for drop down boxes that default to, I was the driver.

You can post redacted images by uploading them to a web hosting site such as tinypic or photobucket (don't register in your real name) then post the URL here, but change http to hxxp. Someone here will change it to a live link.

What was the date of the alleged event, and the date you received the NTK please?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    you should follow the appeal process listed on the pcn invoice , using that IPC template

and yes , complain and try to get it cancelled, this is your BEST OPTION to stop up to 6 years of hassle
  • milkybk
    Ok, thank you.

It specifies that I should use the aforementioned website. I had a quick look at it last night and it does indeed use auto-select drop down boxes, therefore I'll be careful.

So just to confim, at this stage I just copy the template letter I posted in the OP into the appeals page and leave it at that until I hear more?
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Excel and Morrisons make odd bedfellows, Morrisons usually have Parking eye infesting their car parks.
    You may need to find the owner of the retail park/shopping cetnre
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    milkybk wrote: »
    Ok, thank you.

It specifies that I should use the aforementioned website. I had a quick look at it last night and it does indeed use auto-select drop down boxes, therefore I'll be careful.

So just to confim, at this stage I just copy the template letter I posted in the OP into the appeals page and leave it at that until I hear more?

Correct. Just be aware that some scammers don't give an option to appeal online as keeper. All the options are preset to driver giving you no opportunity to use the online appeal page, so you have to post it in those circumstances.
    If you can select keeper, then no problem.

No doubt you will get a rejection. The NEWBIES tells you what to do if/when that happens.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • milkybk
    Half_way wrote: »
    Excel and Morrisons make odd bedfellows, Morrisons usually have Parking eye infesting their car parks.
    You may need to find the owner of the retail park/shopping cetnre

Hmm, okay interesting. I'll have to revisit and see if I can find anything concrete on who owns the car park.

The car park in question is listed as this on the PCN:

(PRIVATE LAND) Broomhill Roof Top Pay & Display Car Park, Sheffield, S103BB
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Correct. Just be aware that some scammers don't give an option to appeal online as keeper. All the options are preset to driver giving you no opportunity to use the online appeal page, so you have to post it in those circumstances.
    If you can select keeper, then no problem.

No doubt you will get a rejection. The NEWBIES tells you what to do if/when that happens.

Okay thank you. When I checked last night you could change the options to keeper, so that's what I'll do.
  • milkybk
    Has anybody ever had any problems submitting the appeals form on myparkingcharge.co.uk?

I've filled all the mandatory fields in and selected everything from the drop down boxes but nothing happens when I click the "submit" button. It's not grey'd out or anything and it seems to acknowledge that it's been clicked but then nothing happens...
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    try a different browser , like firefox or opera
  • milkybk
    I should have mentioned that I tried IE and Chromo but I'll give firefox a try, thanks
  • milkybk
    I managed to submit my appeal in the end last night, had to use Safari on my phone! I used the template as recommended. Excel have replied very quickly. As expected they have rejected my appeal and have referred me to the IAS (joy of joys).

Please see their email below:

EDIT: Am I able to PM a moderator the links to the JPEG files so they can post them? I'm unable to as I'm a new member.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure