New Tesco digital payment app

Comments

• snozdop
    snozdop Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    robin58 wrote: »
    Question I have to ask.

Is this service worth the £500 - £700 you pay for a phone to be able to use it when you can get a debit card and Tesco Clubcard for free?

All for the sake of not taking out 2 cards with you?

Why would you need to spend £500-£700 on a smartphone? Most people already have one if you hadn't noticed. Even if you were silly enough to spend £500 - £700 to use this app, you'd also be able to do a shed-load more than just pay at Tesco with it.
  • Double click is faster as the translation is pre-authorised. Not much faster on the 6S I admit as Touch ID is so fast now!
  • snozdop
    snozdop Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    mrzippy wrote: »
    Double click is faster as the translation is pre-authorised. Not much faster on the 6S I admit as Touch ID is so fast now!

All the double-click does is jump you into the Wallet app, and then it tells you to 'Hold Near Reader to Pay".

That double-click step is completely unnecessary. You don't need to unlock the phone or open the Wallet app to use ApplePay.

As I said, just rest your finger on the TouchID sensor and place the phone near the reader. That's all.

I can't post links, but just Google "using applepay in stores" to see Apple's own instructions with no mention of any need to double-click or even press the Home button.
  • Think I might have to download this, off on a 3 day holiday to London in a week or so, i'm sure can pop into a Tesco for a bottle of coke or bag of crisps 5 times while i'm there
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Made a couple of purchases yesterday, very easy. Think I will like the fact that I won't be restricted to the £30 limit imposed by Apple Pay.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    cbrown372 wrote: »
    Made a couple of purchases yesterday, very easy. Think I will like the fact that I won't be restricted to the £30 limit imposed by Apple Pay.

Not really relevant but the £30 limit is on Contactless cards (and imposed by the banks as there is no PIN or signature on contactless), but a retailer can choose to have no limit on Apple Pay as it is authorised by TouchID (thats the "PIN"). So its imposed by the retailer, not Apple.
  • Have used this app many times, so simple and easy. Never had a problem with it. Shame it's not yet rolled out across the country.
  • Scad
    Scad Posts: 38 Forumite
    Used it again today, getting more impressed the more I use it as I am reluctant to go out without a wallet to the shop ... now I can. Will I be brave enough to leave it behind next day? :cool:
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Today I shopped without my purse :eek:

Home Bargains, Marks food hall both paid with Apple Pay and Tesco via their app. I didn't mean to go shopping at all hence didn't have my purse but was happy to know I could with my phone.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • anyone else getting an error message from Payqwiq: 'won't work on a device that has malware or is rooted'? I'm pretty sure my device isn't rooted and two different apps find no malware. But not sure what to do next now
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure