PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,860
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

I'm getting off to a good start!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,089
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning everyone. :)

After hurtling from one dieting disaster to another all week I have stayed exactly the same. :o

Brambling wrote: »
    Weigh in for me today, I STS I'm not surprised and just happy I didn't gain as I've been off diet this week. I need to stop picking in the evenings when I'm not hungry :cool:

I stocked up fruit, veg and salad lunchtime, I just need to hide the 'naughties' so they're out of sight and hopefully out of mind

Food wise today I could have done better

B - ff Greek yogurt, banana, nectarine and strawberries
    L - scotch egg, watercress and tomato, fibre one brownie bar
    D - bowl of cereal when I got in at 9pm
    S - grapes, 2 ginger nut biscuits

It would be much easier if the unsuitable food was hidden from sight,wouldn't it?
    I feel quite disheartened when i open the fridge to get my salad and my daughter's black forest gateaux is waving itself in my face! :D

Oh well, onward and upwards..
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,051
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 July 2019 at 1:33PM
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Third Quarter

01/07/19 - 30/09/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Brambling -/10 STS/
    Cranky -1.5/- :);)/
    DundeeDoll -/10
    Gingerlily -3/14 :D:D:D
    HoneytheWitch -/14 STS/
    Izadora -1.5/7 :D:o/
    Katiepants -/14
    MovingForward -/10 STS/
    Need2bthrifty 3/14 :):):)/
    Rosewood -/14
    S_glover 5/12 :):):):):)
    Sirens 0.5/14 ;)
    Zafiro1984 1/28 :)/

Weight Loss week 1 ..................
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Brambling
    Forumite
    It would be much easier if the unsuitable food was hidden from sight,wouldn't it?
    I feel quite disheartened when i open the fridge to get my salad and my daughter's black forest gateaux is waving itself in my face! :D

Unfortunately as I live alone I'm the person who brings it in as well so unless I train the cat to hide it I also know where I've put it out of sight :cool:

But did you have a good time Gingerlily :)

I've managed to avoid 'bad choices' since Wednesday weigh in. I'm working from home this afternoon and evening I should finish at 7.30pm but it has been known to carry on until after midnight so I've ensured i've heathly options to pick at berries, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes and some mini vegetable crushless quiches as it is usually a trigger to eat 'carp'. I've also cooked some puy lentils with tomatoes and loads of diced veg so i can grab it quick should work overrun, I have some cod which will cook quickly cook to go with it..
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,449
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good Evening

I'm starting to feel the benefits of a daily brisk walk and am really pleased that today I have managed to cut 10mins off my time. I was quite pleased with the pace I was setting but when a couple of squads from the local fire station lapped me...twice, that took the smile off my face :p.

Todays meals =
    B - avocado and a hardboiled egg on toast
    L - watermelon & feta salad
    D - moussaka, shredded cabbage
    S - salted popcorn 20g roughly 110kcals, but then I had pernod and diet lemonade x 2 = 314kcals :eek:.

At the moment I'm enjoying listening to the radio and doing some prep for the week
    - chickpeas in to soak overnight and cook in the slow cooker tomorrow, make some houmous and freeze the rest.
    - peel and segment some oranges and grapefruit for the next couple of days breakfasts/snacks
    - one of my basil plants has gone haywire so making some pesto which will feature this week.
  • Brambling
    Forumite
    I'm starting to feel the benefits of a daily brisk walk and am really pleased that today I have managed to cut 10mins off my time. I was quite pleased with the pace I was setting but when a couple of squads from the local fire station lapped me...twice, that took the smile off my face :p.

shouldn't that have been put a smile on your face :D I enjoy walking and i'm lucky as i live close enough to walk in the country or in the local forest from home and it's free exercise
  • Need2bthrifty
    Forumite
    Brambling wrote: »
    shouldn't that have been put a smile on your face :D I enjoy walking and i'm lucky as i live close enough to walk in the country or in the local forest from home and it's free exercise

Not really they were coming towards me and a bit red and sweaty ;)
  • Gingerlily
    Gingerlily Posts: 264
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Brambling
    But did you have a good time Gingerlily

Yes and no:rotfl: much drama and tension from some folks, just so grateful I don’t have to deal with that on a regular basis. Much love, laughter and fun with others, was sad to leave. Exhausted though was so busy didn’t get even one rest day :rotfl:

I’m happy to be home.
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning everyone, I hope you have all had a great weekend.

Pleased to report a 2lb loss this week.

We had visitors at the weekend and quite a few treats food wise, including going out for a lovely meal plus quite a few drinks. After not much exercise at the weekend, a little walking and fixing the garden shed yesterday, I'm looking forward to getting a couple of runs in this week, although it looks like they might be warm ones as the weather looks pretty fine, can't complain though!
  • Need2bthrifty
    Forumite
    Good morning and well done s_glover

My weigh-in today and its a 3lb loss, aware that its my first week but I'm really happy with this considering I had 2 glasses of rose wine and half a bag of salted popcorn whilst watching the tennis yesterday but I did stick rigidly to the rest of the plan =
    B - 2 crispbread with cream cheese, tomato and hard boiled egg
    L - watermelon & feta salad
    D - mashed potato topped turkey & sweetcorn pie, sugar snap peas

This morning I've done some yoga before breakfast and will aim to do my brisk walk before lunch. I need to check out some other routes for my walks; yesterday was a bit hazardous having to dodge off the lead dogs and small children learning to ride 2 wheelers who all seemed determined to trip me up :eek:.

Todays plan =
    B - watermelon, 3 slices pepperoni, 2 slices mature cheese
    L - egg salad sandwich
    D - prawn and pea risotto
    S - fruit if required

Best get a wiggle on and get some housework done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure