MoneySaving Poll: Parcel delivery firms: which are the best and worst?

Poll started 17 January 2017

Parcel delivery firms: which are the best and worst?

The festive season is behind us, the big red man in a suit has hung up his boots for another year, yet the parcel delivery firms which help are still zipping around the UK.

Sadly parcel delivery horror stories abound – ranging from no-shows to “they threw the goods over the fence” or “they lied that we weren't in”.

So it’s time for our annual poll to sort the good guys from the cowboys...

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• It surprises me that Yodel are doing so poorly in the polls. I knew they had a bad reputation but I didn't have much experience of them until I started ordering pet supplies from Zooplus. Not only have all my deliveries come at the start of the 3-5 day delivery window, I also get a text and email in the morning of the delivery day, there's a live tracker of how many deliveries are before mine, and I get another text and email when the delivery has been completed. It's a very thoroughly challenging service!
    In a better financial position than ever before (thank you MSE!). Moved back to Scotland and now trying to keep debt-free!
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,739
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Maggie_Bob wrote: »
    It surprises me that Yodel are doing so poorly in the polls. I knew they had a bad reputation but I didn't have much experience of them until I started ordering pet supplies from Zooplus. Not only have all my deliveries come at the start of the 3-5 day delivery window, I also get a text and email in the morning of the delivery day, there's a live tracker of how many deliveries are before mine, and I get another text and email when the delivery has been completed. It's a very thoroughly challenging service!

They've lost several of my parcels and tried to fob me off. Probably the worst delivery company I've dealt with. Hermes gets some bad press but it very much depends on your local driver. Mine is excellent and has gone out his way for me so have no complaints with him at all.

Best is DPD. Excellent service and tracking.
  • DPD always arrive dead on the time they tell me :-)

£23,000 of debt

Cleared 18/10/2011 :T
  • Biker*Chick
    Biker*Chick Posts: 10,027
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Maggie_Bob wrote: »
    It surprises me that Yodel are doing so poorly in the polls. I knew they had a bad reputation but I didn't have much experience of them until I started ordering pet supplies from Zooplus. Not only have all my deliveries come at the start of the 3-5 day delivery window, I also get a text and email in the morning of the delivery day, there's a live tracker of how many deliveries are before mine, and I get another text and email when the delivery has been completed. It's a very thoroughly challenging service!

I've had the same great experience with Yodel and my Zooplus deliveries too! It always seems to be the same Yodel driver so he knows my address and is always helpful and friendly. Never had a problem with them personally.
    =^._.^= You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats =^._.^=

hhzx4pbze7c9.gif
  • DPD are the worse couriers in the world. I was with them 3 months and in that short time they lost me 7 account customers because of their incompetance.

They failed to collect from me 3 times, this lost me 3 of the customers.

THEY ARE A BUNCH OF COWBOYS!!!!!
  • Hermes couriers in my area are untrustworthy and lazy they just chuck parcels on the doorstep and leave withou knocking so you don't know a parcel is outside.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    The problem is it is all down to your local delivery driver. For me...

Yodel: I google first to make sure that the company I am ordering from doesn't use them. I have had some very nice people delivering things to me that Yodel just randomly drop off at what ever house seems closest to them at the time. Wrong number, wrong street ... I think that I have only ever had one parcel from yodel that came to my door from them directly!

Hermes: I use them to send parcels and have never had a problem (up to now) also the shop I mainly use, uses them. Likewise never had an issue with them delivering to me.

Don't have that much experience with the others. DPD my mother really rates but I haven't used them.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • hermes are the worst
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family