IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parkingeye charge

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    turn your smart punctuation OFF on your device or else your posts will be gibberish like above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Seen the example Golden Ticket liked in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread? Compare to yours!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Bmwm3gt2
    Bmwm3gt2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, I won!!!8217;t use emojis! Upon checking again, I do not have a golden ticket unfortunately but when I googled pofa2012 it stated that all of the following conditions needed to be met for anpr including:
    7. A notice to keeper must be served not later than 14 days after the vehicle was parked
    The parking date was 04/03/2018 and the issue date was 21/03/2018 which by my calculations is 17 days?
  • Redx
    Options
    which is why we said you have a golden ticket as they failed to deliver it in time

the wording (or lack of it) and the arrival date are crucial , either or both are a win for you

and I never mentioned emojis, I said TURN OFF your smart punctuation
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You must have a Golden ticket.

I am talking about the words on the back of a PE PCN (NOT the Reminder).

Are you saying that ParkingEye issued a PCN (NOT THE 'REMINDER'?) dated 21st March, talking about an event on 3rd March? If that was the first PCN, not the reminder, it CAN'T reference the POFA.
  • Bmwm3gt2
    Options
    Apologies, the punctuation was iPhone emojis! I am sorry it!!!8217;s all new to me but I was looking for the sentence at the bottom of the golden ticket on the sticky which I don!!!8217;t have. Thank you so much for helping.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    There is no relevant sentence on the bottom. That's not what you are looking for, the sticky shows you one, and it's the words on the back of a PE Notice (NOT THE REMINDER) that matter.

Please, please turn off your Smart Punctuation, you must be able to see what it's doing to your posts?

It is not caused by emojis.

Please stop viewing this forum on a PHONE.
  • Bmwm3gt2
    Options
    Sorry I have tried to post a photo of the letter but can!!!8217;t work it out! The event date was 04/03/2018 and the letter is headed as a parking charge notice, which is dated 21/03/2018
  • Redx
    Options
    go into your settings on your IPHONE and turn off SMART PUNCTUATION as it is ruining your posts on here , same as on any APPLE device

you do have a golden ticket, especially as the original pcn had to arrive by day 15 (not the reminder) , so if the POFA2012 paragraph is missing, its a "golden ticket"

use a laptop to navigate this site, not an IPHONE

you cannot post a picture on here, its not a file site

use tinypic for hosting a redacted picture or pictures
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills