3rd Time Lucky?!- Attempting to clear £6645.93 of debt in 105days (3months+13days)!!

Comments

• jojitsui
    jojitsui Posts: 403
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Shelbi,
    I am in a similar position to you (money and weigh wise!!)
    I have just over 8 weeks to try and clear just over 5k from my credit card and lose 2 stone!! Neither of these things are very likely but I am going to give it my best shot!
    I am going to take lunch into work everyday and have five no spend days this week too!
    I was going to join a gym but instead I have dug out my 30 day shred DVD and a going to give it a bash instead!
    Best of luck :)
    Make £10 a day, October 2023 - £105/£310
  • Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Thank you UncannyScot :) ..still chugging along nicely....
    Jojitsui- Thank you!! Aww I love that your giving it your best- you'll do it and if not your reduce it to a fraction...You've got this!!.. Great call on the gym, I tried 30day shred was great (may need to dig that out again myself- hope Ive still got it)..Guys seriously thanks for stopping by- I sometimes feel like I'm writing to myself (which I am-but also nice to have support) so truly thank you.

So nothing much has been happening on my side- still sending my £10 a day offering to cc1 (cc2 has a standing order of £230 per month) I wont increase till cc1 is demolished. No spend day today and working on making myself feel prosperous- read in a book that you attract what you concentrate on so Im concentrating on being grateful to pay my bills even a little offering and any gifts/funds/blessings that flow my way (cant hurt)....3 days till payday (I cant wait).

hope you all have a fab day xX
    DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
    Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
    Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
    House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
    NSD November 2/30
    Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155
  • jojitsui
    Forumite
    If you fancy doing a 30 day shred challenge together I would be very grateful of the added motivation :) x
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi Jotisui, yes that would be fantastic definitely up for that...thank you, in desperate need of motivation :) xX

Today is payday and Friday yay! have paid £865.88 over to cc1 and £230 dd on cc2 to be taken out shortly so have updated my signature makes me feel a little better. total to be paid £3553.20 , if I have anything left over at the end of the month will send it there, definitely going to continue with the payment a day, death by a 1000 cuts...hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine...have a fab bank holiday guys x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good Morning Diaryland,

have updated my YNAB, every pound has a purpose :) Last night had a spend but happy to say had savings too. My friends daughters birthday spent £18 on her present, baby shower gift £15 but had a £10off voucher, which I was really pleased with- 4 rompers and 4bibs for £5 (thank you next). taking food and drinks to baby shower (so mummy &dad don't have much to do) will be juice and nibbles setting myself a £5limit and £5 dart charge.

In other news I won £7.70 on the lotto, loving it! and found not one but 3 outfits for festival last night (none have been worn- brought last year and then not used. so that's saved me a packet.

have allocated myself £100 spending money for June. and £75 for going out.. so will be taking out the cash and leaving my bank card at home this weekend. I expect to have change from this...

also returning some books I brought hoping to get £28 back *fingers crossed* have sent £10 to the cc.

will be doing my hair and nails at home today saving £45. oh and my own make up too...£35 saving! yes I admit I have been very spendy in the past..ill admit it wont look as good but who cares really ill rather clear my credit cards..one thing ill have to do today is my eyebrows, I cant do those myself. Oh and have found a box of fake eyelashes, I used to have individuals done and usually do for nights out so this will save me...£60. now you get an idea of where my money went add to that takeaways, holidays and clothes I pretty much know how I got in this whole...on the plus side I know how im getting out!! right best get dressed...have a beautiful day everyone xX
    NSD November 2/30
  • jojitsui
    Forumite
    Hi all, Shall we start the challenge on 1st June? I really need a kick up the bum!
    We have sold our house! Sorting through my stuff is embarrassing. I have so many clothes with the tags on, toiletry sets that have not been open, board games never played with and DVD/CDs never watched or listening too and loads of other impulse purchases! No wonder I have so much debt!!
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi Jojitsui!!

Massive congratulations on the house sale :beer: That's fantastic!! On the plus side all those goodies you've found can be sold to bring in some money...every little helps!! it'll be fab!

Totally up for 1st of June, couldn't find my dvd (may have flogged it or lent it out) but ordered another, better than a gym membership... lets do it!!:D

.... So my weekend was pretty good not too spendy/ not as thrift as Id have liked though I came home with change...have paid all my bills and have £330 left over with £29 left for petrol and £64.58 left for food shopping in the YNAB budget...am hoping to send the other £230 odd to cc but will do that bit by bit as a payment a day just in case.

One thing that did happen was the microwave blew up over the weekend. Was years old and out of warranty...so had to replace that (lucky I didn't blow all of the spending money this weekend so I used that to cover it £58) still need to hold back as clearly Murphy was lurking about...

MSE things I did today: Sent back the books (hopefully a £28 refund there) and some shorts to boohoo (£18) ..these will top up my spending fund as I used that to cover the microwave. Main thing for me was I didn't use the credit card as I usually do when Murphy pops up unexpected.:beer: Its the little things!!

Spent £2 on lunch (egg sandwich £1 and pack of crisp £1 for 6...so 17p per pack) better than the 60p single pack/£3 meal deal...banked all the cash I had so I wont be tempted to spend anymore. £10 paid to cc

I cant really think of anything else...Going to try and make June a dry month- may save a packet and help me shed those lb's... have a friends hen do in July so that would be really lovely to actually be in decent shape :D...felt like a whale at festival between us :rotfl:

Anyway that's all from me...have a fab evening everyone x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Evening diaryland!!

A Nsd today although i didnt eat very healthily, made a payment of £10 to cc and £9 yesterday...this month is the start of my dry month, typing this whilst the oh is enjoying a nice glass of red...why!! Bless him he did do the 30day shred with me though...which was really sweet, I realised im super unfit..its going to be a very long month lol! OH enjoyed it, more so the ladies in the background...but hey i still appreciated the company...jojitsui how did you find it hun? Ill confess those 20mins killed me, cant see myself moving on from level 1 at this rate, couldnt even manage the push ups but i did my best...it hurt...

Oh & I weighed myself today...13st?!...I need to stick to this for sure, didn't get to go to lunch was so busy so tucked into my multi pack and cereal...not good..more prep is clearly needed...have made lunch for tomorrow, egg salad. Strict ban this month now on crisp, alcohol and biscuits...cant really spend anyway. Nothing else to report...cc1 down to £950...cant wait for it to be done and move on to the next! Actually may reduce the £230 on cc2 and just pay the minimum taking the rest over to cc1...may get it sorted that bit quicker, be a psychological boost at least...anyway I'm beat, hope you all had a wonderful day! Happy Thursday guys!! x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Afternoon Fellow DFWs,

Today I've paid £62.74 to cc2 instead of the £230 s/o which has now been set to minimum.
    A payment of £10 was sent to cc1 along with £170 to cc1. cc1 now down to £770..need to get some more money together to clear it asap.... will attempt another nsd...have a fab one people. x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good afternoon Diaryland,

Today is a chore day, so tempted to go outside but i know ill spend money, did venture out to get some shopping £69.08 spent..higher than expected but was in need of food, cleaning products, loo roll the lot. Did manage to get a good few bargains and gain a workout carrying the lot back- (not doing that again lol). Good old Aldi.

Have sent dp of £10 to cc1..and have done 2 loads of washing, hoovered the flat and now killing time on here whilst OH is at work.
    Think ill do a meal plan for this week, im not to sure what the usual food shop spend spend should be for 2 people...may have a mooch and find out? how much do you guys spend on average for a weekly shop? though the I think on average mine is about £30...(exp when cleaning products/toitleties etc are needed).

According to YNAB I have £140 left until next payday mrrhh! so that £6 spend per day...my payment a day will be cut to £1 so £5 spend per day just in case. anything left before the day before payday will be sent to cc1. Will try not to spend if i can.

day 3 of no drinking...not much to say about that, need to do exercise vid later...so out of shape..and maybe plan my budget for June/July...going to be a spendy one- friends hen night (already paid for/OH birthday (not paid/ car insurance also not paid)mnot looking forward to that..

best get on...have a fab day all xX
    NSD November 2/30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing