Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Glad the haircut was a boost. And thank you for the suggestions. This afternoon he was fab. We had a good time in the park and he was happy to spend the afternoon doing jigsaws, watching Deal or No Deal and pottering. It all comes down to mood doesn't it.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning cat

Another one here who's not sleeping well but I have had this stupid cough and cold for about a month and I am sure it's got worse since I finished school. Hope you're managing to sleep better as the week goes on. I'm spending the week sorting the house out which is normal but I'm slightly annoyed about this year as DH has been off sick since May so why is the house still a pigsty! However he goes in for his knee op on Friday so hopefully he will go back to work at some point! Anyway that turned into a bit of a rant so I will stop hijacking your diary.

My DS is a nightmare for screen time too but he will colour if the mood takes him. Not colouring books but he draws swirly patterns then colours them in using sharpies or occasionally he will colour in one of the adult colouring books like the mindfulness ones but he still only uses sharpies.

Hope your anxiety is a bit better now you have no work for a couple of weeks and can hopefully find some time to relax and rest in the day. Your shopping time with your mum and your weekend with your DD sounded lovely - yes I am behind and catching up - between work and Scouts it's been manic here. Will it help your son if he has background music on during the night? Also, I know kids' bedrooms are a major bugbear, well mine are anyway, but would it help him if it was tidy/less cluttered? I'm not sure how old your DS is sorry.

Anyway enough of my ramblings, hope you're still asleep and you have a lovely day.

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Morning all :D
    Another rough night unfortunately - and it's chucking it down outside at the moment. Thank goodness I don't have loads to do today. It would be a complete indoor day if I didn't have to take dd to the hairdressers this afternoon.
    The good news is that with all of the big jobs done then it means I can just do the dailies and can spend time relaxing and enjoying the run into Christmas. I'm desperate to do the bathroom so I'll get that out of the way early and not have to think about it...
    Other than that, I need to just carry on with my knitting for my dad's Christmas blanket and it's definitely more than half way done. We've already started watching the Christmas films (Nativity 2 at the moment) and I think I might do a load of hot chocolate. Sounds like a plan to me...
  • Hey all :coffee:
    Jue - I'm so sorry that I didn't reply to you properly yesterday about your suggestions for ds. He's 8, and at the moment his room is really tidy - I think he's like me in that he needs background noise or distraction to get to sleep at night. Unfortunately his tv is broken so he gets too much thinking time, scares himself and then won't sleep. He is getting a new tv for Christmas (not that he knows) but I'm hoping that it will sort itself out once this happens.
    I tried to talk to dh a bit last night about my anxiety. I'm sure that it's just me, but I don't feel like it went well. He asked me what was making me anxious, and there just isn't an answer to that at the moment - I'm anxious, and I would find something to be anxious about whether or not there was anything. I'm quite paranoid at the moment so I'll be reading lots more into it than there actually is but I didn't feel reassured at all after I spoke to him last night... that will be me though.
    I think I'm getting a cold as well, which is further encroaching on my sleep pattern - both kids were unwell yesterday, ds has a cold and dd had a 24 hour sickness bug. I feel ok today - still quite anxious but ok. I have no major plans other than more present wrapping and a bit of crochet. I can report that my dad's Christmas present blanket is finally finished so just one more crochet item to do for gifts (although I have until new year's eve for this one).
    I'm also going to pop to the butchers and stock up on meat for the festivities. We are Christmas lunching at my mam's this year and she will do poultry of some sort so I think I'll buy pork and beef. I'll also need to get sausages and bacon to keep ds happy...
    Other than that, daily chores are mostly done and I predict an afternoon of watching films and sleep. That's all I fancy for today.
  • Bobarella
    Cat I meant to send you a link the other day for DS http://blogs.psychcentral.com/stress-better/2016/03/49-phrases-to-calm-an-anxious-child/

I'm sorry you didn't feel like it went well with DH. I really
    LG hope that you start to unwind as the Xmas hols set in and you rest more.

• Well, I started feeling better yesterday afternoon and it so far seems to have continued so fingers crossed. Maybe I have finally unwound a bit and I can get on with things. Some of the stuff I was worrying about has come to nothing (of course) so until my brain decides what to worry about next I'm doing ok.
    Spent £35 at the butchers yesterday. This included 1kg of pork, 2kg of beef, 2 packs of bacon, 1kg of mince and 40 sausages. Loads of lovely meat and all at mates rates. Then I've been out this morning to Aldee and spent the grand total of £1.14 getting all of the Christmas veggies. :D I don't know exactly when I'm doing this though as we're at my mam's for Christmas dinner, my friend's for New Year and out at a restaurant on Boxing day. Should manage not to do any major shopping for a little while though.
    It's my niece's birthday today - popped round to deliver presents and took Christmas gifts whilst we were on. I also dropped my dad's stuff down at his house so I think I really am done now and I can sit with my feet up and wait for Christmas to arrive. DS is at a party this afternoon, but I don't have to go along, so hopefully if dd stays with my sister for best part of the day I'll get their presents wrapped. DH still hasn't done his shopping yet, and he insists that this is happening tomorrow. Rather him than me.
    I've done the daily jobs, took ds for an ice cream, bought the veggies and now we're sitting watching Christmas films. I think I'm going to crochet and relax and wait for Christmas, and demand to watch Elf later... :D
    Bob, thanks for that link - I've had a good look through it, and I'm quite reassured that I already do quite a bit of it. Also, I was in Mr S yesterday and got a massive yule log for half price so I'm on quite a budget Christmas as well. Happy days :T
  • Bobarella
    Happy birthday to your niece Cat. And well done on your Yule log bargain! Glad the link was helpful.

• Morning all :coffee:
    Just want to get the soppy stuff out of the way now. Thanks so much to each and every one of you who have read my posts, commented, supported and been there for me. Although we're all quite anonymous on here, I find it reassuring that I have somewhere I can be myself, and be with other like minded people (my own family aren't much like me frugal wise). I'm so pleased that I finally got the nerve up to post on here. Merry Christmas, or happy Yuletide to all of you. I hope that the year ahead is filled with peace and happiness. :xmastree::snow_grin
    Now onto the boring and everyday stuff - just got my mental health sorted and my physical health has gone really downhill. I'm battling a combination of a cold and stomach cramps at the moment. It all seemed to come on quite suddenly last night. Thankfully, 2 hour rotation of paracetamol and ibuprofen seem to be keeping things at bay. I didn't get to finish present wrapping yesterday as Storm Barbara brought dd home quite early in the afternoon, although I did get plenty of Christmas films and feeling festive. The good (?!?) news is that dh still hasn't done his Christmas shopping. Nothing like leaving it a bit last minute eh? But it does mean that I should get a couple of hours to wrap this afternoon. In between sleeping when I can.
    Other than that just the dailies to do - dishes are washed, washing machine is on, I just need to hoover through and that should be it I hope. Keep myself dosed up on tea, medicine and plenty of Christmas prep. I would imagine I will be back on later today or tomorrow, but wanted to wish you all Merry Christmas from me, my dh, the kids and all of our crazy cats.
  • Merry Christmas CCL and family t07037.gif
  • Happy Christmas to you all CCL xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family