Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• Shrimply
    Shrimply Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    prenton01 wrote: »
    The Aldi anti dandruff shampoo

Just awful used it for a month could feel big clumps of dandruff on my scalp made me vert itchy switched back to Head and Shoulders and relief within a few days

Shame really as so much cheaper

I use this and have had no issues at all, although I did much prefer the sensitive version which they stopped selling.
  • VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Is Lidl having any offers this weekend?

Yes :D
    Super Weekend Up To 50% 12th-11th March
    Bardolino Classico DOC 75CL £2.99
    Purio Heavy Duty Refuse Sacks 10 Pack 99p
    Floralys Kitchen Towels 4 Rolls 99p
    Dulano Bavarian Bratwurst 300g 99p
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    treboeth wrote: »
    Yes :D
    Super Weekend Up To 50% 12th-11th March
    Bardolino Classico DOC 75CL £2.99
    Purio Heavy Duty Refuse Sacks 10 Pack 99p
    Floralys Kitchen Towels 4 Rolls 99p
    Dulano Bavarian Bratwurst 300g 99p
    Nothing to trouble myself with then. Although the Floralys is a good deal, I paid a fair bit for Plenty not so long ago.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    prenton01 wrote: »
    The Aldi anti dandruff shampoo

Just awful used it for a month could feel big clumps of dandruff on my scalp made me vert itchy switched back to Head and Shoulders and relief within a few days

Shame really as so much cheaper

I have seb derm and head and shoulders is the only shampoo I can use for any length of time. Regardless is a non brand contains the same active ingredients

Same with fairy, Persil and Sensodyne , I pay for those
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Doc_N wrote: »
    How so? Price increases are primarily related to the drop in the value of the pound, and to rising raw materials costs (such as milk). And they're happening across all supermarket groups in the UK - it's not that the price war is over, it's simply that supermarkets prefer to make profits rather than losses.

Remember the world buys oil with the U.S. dollar
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2017 at 11:37PM
    Remember the world buys oil with the U.S. dollar

Maybe but the10% price increases on products in Sainsburys is not all up to an increase in oil prices.

Oil price is only a small part in a multifaceted product cost.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Chicken feed was up today as well :(
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Doc_N wrote: »
    How so? Price increases are primarily related to the drop in the value of the pound, and to rising raw materials costs (such as milk). And they're happening across all supermarket groups in the UK - it's not that the price war is over, it's simply that supermarkets prefer to make profits rather than losses.

The drop in pound is rubbish. We're at the same level we had several years ago. Some people seem to have rose tinted specs thinking the Euro and $ were always much higher but we've had bad periods in the past decade.

As for the milk rises, we were told all of last year that there was too much milk and farmers were getting a raw deal. Last I heard we still had plenty of milk but suddenly diary prices are shooting up again. I'm presuming milk has risen in price but why the sudden panic when we spent most of last year worrying how to consume the stuff!
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Lidl oat & fruit biscuits the round ones - sweet to the point of not having any flavour. Must about 30% sugar.
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    while it’s easy to wander off-topic that could stop newbies finding the information they want quickly and easily (please see the forum rule) so please keep this thread on topic. If you’d like to discuss non-MoneySaving related topics please continue your discussion in The MoneySavers Arms or Discussion Time. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Please keep this thread just for posting about the good/bad buys from Aldi & Lidl, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure