Life begins again at 45

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Mon - NSD and worked from home attached to computer and achieved a lot :T

Tuesday -LSD -slight hiccup, Mr borrowmydoggy wasn't picked up til 5 and we needed to be out by 5.15 with my hair freshly washed so I could race into my hairdresser to have fringe cut (free) but we needed a snack to let us to late supper after fundraising event .... So thanks to C@@P 3 cheeses scones for 2 and 2 packets of crisps for £1 :eek:.

On the plus side the talk was fantastic - Dame Tanni Grey Thompson. Wine was £3 a glass and so we spent less than the £10 we had on us. Ticket included a hot buffet supper. Wine was provided by our favourite company Adn@ms and not having more cash on us we resisted the case of wine being sold off at the end :T
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Bubblesmum
    Embroidery Course

This is my little extravagance at the mo.... 4 sessions over 8 weeks. I am embroidering a house... My Daddy's ( have I mentioned it?)

So car parking, lunch egg sarnies cheapest on the menu and I resisted their HM cake :o (waistline, purse but not :p)

Then to Town Centre

Had OH car with my scooter in back, so easy to get in and out with hoist, then off I zipped.....

1. new bank where they refunded charges due to them making a real mess of setting it up
    2. H@bbycr@ft - a naughty purchase a daylight lamp, was working under one in my workshop and realised how much better for my eyes using one was, so bought one with a magnifying glass, didn't buy the most expensive either (OH has already :rotfl: said we could use it when doing puzzle today) he said we would never get to bed tonight. !
    3. w@terstones - we are not buying books this year, accept book clubs next. Needed the Herdy shepherd and I found book tokens from 2011/2012 - so no pennies spent :T
    4. Resisted buying rubber protector for phone... This might be a false economy as I am butter fingers - have though two cases at home
    5. Library - didn't have magazine I wanted to read (no longer stock magazines ) or book on adrenal fatigue (so now have reserved one)
    6. Mr Waitr@se - bit miffed that they only had pints of organic milk 60p! Bought cards and chocolate to cheer Aunty up. Had an interesting conversation with shop assistant when asking him to identify cost of card. He suggested I go to the cheap shop up the road, but my energy tank was almost empty so shopped re convenience. Normally I support the independent card shop locally, these thoipugh unplanned get well and with sympathy so needs must. On a more positive thought I got a YS basil plant needed for tea ! And I resisted cake
    7. Finally shoe laces for mended boots, don't look pretty but functional.

I reflected that I achieved so much, not shopped like this for years, all because I used the scooter
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Yah for scooter :j :j
    I sometimes think of one but cant afford one & would not be able to get it in & out of car.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    A Like from me on FB Bm :beer:

I think you are doing more than just fine!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Wednesday was a very productive day for you thanks to the scooter. Thank you for all your advice on my thread re scooters :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Bubblesmum
    morning all.....

I keep telling myself pacing..... As Thursday and Friday were something of a struggle...

In terms of spends:

Thursday: budgeted only weekly sports massage
    Friday: despite pouring coffee on to my hot shr3ddies ! I resisted a cuppa from the thames path van when I took out Mr Borrowmydoggy out for a walk - there was a bitter wind on the tow path, but we were being back to Mr Pickle and he wore me out

I really craved fish and chips but we were good and made what was planned from freezer and fridge stocks of cod hash
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    Saturday

LS morning.... Sent husband out with a list, to buy the bear minimal, mostly meat for a BBQ for Monday ... No flowers though as not part of budget :o

BF rung to say they would be up the road, and could they pop in for tea and cake if they bought the cake :T:T. It was lovely to see them including my godson, laid back and chilled while catching up.

Supper was sorrell risotto ( we got some in our weekly box, looks like spinach but slightly sweeter) so all from stocks including stock from the freezer :T

Sunday

As the sun came out, we decided to plant up our 50 plug plants that came in the post, I repotted a patio rose, we have decided to decrease out pits as too much hard work, so one broken and heading to the tip and one reused. Also tying up Daffs. I needed my bath.

OH then cooked our Easter lamb :rotfl: we bought then didn't eat, so another freezer meal... It was lush, melt in the mouth.
    Tired but good day.

Monday

Lazy morning followed by both of us cooking, HM soup, a dessert from the MMM thread using marzipan left over Christmas and the last of the 2013 apples from the freezer (we have lots of blossom on the Bramley tree so a bumper year I fear)

Then friends for a late afternoon BBQ, really looked forward to and in the end, went to bed feeling emotionally drained. Friends Turned up late f
    BF in tears, two teenage god daughters subdued. hubbie escaping to OH by BBQ, when inquired everything was wrong, been a domestic, not unusual they love each other dearly but communication and meeting expectations not strong.... It was hardwork all evening to jolly things along. I admit I was inwardly wanting to shout at her be grateful for all the blessings you are receiving. Take the advice you have been given, except offers of help, don't make mountains out of molehills etc. I though hoped I acted with grace and empathy and encouragement.

Got a text yesterday to say thanks for a great evening .... Was wondering if we were at the same place :o
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    What an evening that was BM! Looks like someone enjoyed it though bizarrely. Sounds like you had a busy bank holiday.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Bubblesmum
    Morning Diary

I hate doing my accounts and focusing on money

However here's the new scores on the doors

Halifax - £825.45
    First Direct £479.36
    JB owed £139.82

It is slightly down on last time, although I have spent on two embroidery courses for the autumn (103.00:eek::eek:) which I really in my heart I know I shouldn't but it's one of the only things keeping me sane at the mo :o

I have a little list of things I would have liked for my holiday and to replace worn out summer things, but realistically I know I will do without unless I can find CS or Ebay bargains).

Have been really unwell the last fortnight ) with a very crooked back, I am now straight, but it cost £143. 00 yesterday :eek:- ( massage therapist and oestopath ) paid for with my DLA and it worries me if when reassessed I don't get PIP.

Returning to my duvet ....
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Sorry to hear you haven't been good BM. I think everyone is worried about the DLA/PIP changeover. Is yours soon? Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family