Janey's Journey to Becoming a MFW

Comments

• ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :money: £3.42 requested from £co and 99p from TCB, will go to savings when it arrives :j
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • ljaneyr
    Afternoon all :wave:

I enjoyed a lovely morning riding a friends horse, very muddy but not cold so very enjoyable!

It will be a no spend day today as I'm not going anywhere except to walk the dogs later. They're jumping around at the moment and making funny noises at each other so we need to make it an extra long, tiring walk!

Hoping to put some stuff on fleabay later. I'm really keen to declutter as much as possible as we will be moving out at some point this year and I want the minimum amount of packing to do!

I hope everyone enjoys the last day of the holidays - if you're on holiday that is ;)

Janey x
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • ljaneyr
    Morning!

I managed to get my eyes open at 7:20 this morning in preparation for work tomorrow and it wasn't easy! I'm still in bed though :o Annoyingly, I seem to be feeling more tired and run-down as the holiday goes on so really not feeling ready for work tomorrow.

Yesterday we managed a late walk on the beach and the little lurcher was really well behaved! We've been avoiding the beach recently because he's been so over excited and annoying to other beach users with his frantic barking and chasing of their dogs. We've been practising his recall in the woods instead and it seems to be working. It is so amazing to see two happy dogs running on the beach, they just run for the joy of it and it makes me feel really happy :)

List for today:
    • Plan wedding:rotfl:
    • Make phone call
    • Post office
    • Order repeat prescription
    • Update calendar
    • Sort out washing
    • Tidy spare room

I wish my internet banking would hurry up and update so I can transfer some money into my savings!

Have a nice day everyone, especially if you're back at work!
  • ljaneyr
    edited 5 January 2015 at 5:36PM
    Phew, after a slow start, it's been a busy day!

List:
    • Plan wedding - Booked hair and make up, e-mailed lady about dress alterations, booked in with normal hairdresser for cut & colour 2 weeks before, booked appointment at registry office for notice of marriage thingy, looked at shoes online for ages then got fed up...:o
      [STRIKE]
    • Make phone call
    • Post office
    • Order repeat prescription
    • Update calendar
    • Sort out washing
    • Tidy spare room[/STRIKE]

Money paid in at the weekend has appeared in my account as well as £3.42 cashback so £51.48 transferred to renovation pot. We are now at 30% :)

I also walked the dogs. Just need to get ready for first day back at work tomorrow :eek:
  • ljaneyr
    Evening, I'm sooo glad the week is over! The first week back is always hard and I've been feeling so run-down. I've developed a cough now :(

There's nothing to report for the savings. Spending is going quite well though :rotfl: We bought OH's wedding ring today and ordered mine so a good few £s spent in the space of an hour :eek:

Luckily I've got a lot of overtime booked for the rest of the month!

I'm going to have a little read of diaries then get an early night I think :wave:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    ljaneyr wrote: »
    I'm going to have a little read of diaries then get an early night I think :wave:
    Sleep well :D
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • ljaneyr
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Sleep well :D

Thanks! I didn't get a very early night but I had a lie in...to 9.30 :eek::

This is probably a record in the last year and only happens when I'm under the weather :o

Anyway, bored with the whole money thing at the moment. The middle of the month is so dull!

I'm happy to report that my regular saver interest has arrived and it's £90.72 :j:j But the account hasn't changed yet so I can't withdraw - darn Sunday :(

19p Tilly tidy to my ISA
    50p Tilly tidy to renovation pot

Better write a quick list although I have no plans to move from the sofa at the moment!
    • Shower!
    • Sort washing
    • Marking
    • Fill in mortgage form
    • Find extra information for remortgage
    • T£sco shopping with £7.50 voucher - need to remember voucher...
    • Collect prescription
    • Walk dogs
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are the new requirements for remortgages particularly onerous ljaneyr? I ask as we got our current deal before they changed the regulations. That said, our broker did ask for pretty exhaustive detail last time round, they must have been preparing for the forthcoming changes...

Have a lovely Sunday :coffee:
  • ljaneyr
    Hi Ed :wave:

I replied in your dairy, but basically, it should be fine for people in normal circumstances as long as affordability is not an issue. My OH is a bit more complicated, bless him, so it's taking a bit longer!

I forgot to mention on here but they valued our house at 25k more than we paid for it :j:j:j

We have spent about 3k making it more comfortable and fencing the garden and the area has apparently gone up about 7k which means we've created 15k ourselves :T:T

It was disgusting when we got it though, I shudder when I think how grim it was :eek::eek::eek:
  • ljaneyr
    Feeling a bit better today, although work was really busy. I'm just looking forward to being paid for the overtime :)

I seem to have been on the phone for ages. I needed to use my FD secure key to set up a new payment on my internet banking but I couldn't remember the password. It then asked for my internet banking password to reset it but I couldn't remember that either because I use their Internet banking plus where it saves all your passwords...and I needed my secure key to reset that! :rotfl::o:rotfl:

Luckily when I rang FD I was able to guess my telephone banking password! Usually I can't remember that either :eek: So now I've written it all down even though I know you're not supposed to but I'm to stupid to remember all the different passwords and not very 'memorable' answers :rotfl:

Our regular saver interest has been added to the renovation savings and all that money is not in our current account so the balance is looking quite healthy! It will be amazing if/when our remortgage money comes through!

I'm really enjoying catching up on everyone's diaries but I've still got a lot to go - we all talk a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure