IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking ticket from excel parking services limited

Comments

• BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

I got a PCN ticket in ALDI in Doncaster last Tuesday.

I know it's ok to ignore them if it's ASDA or Tesco...but is ALDI the same??
  • Hi,
    My daughter had a parking excess charge from Excel last Sunday when she was parked in Parc Tawe, Swansea. She was 12 minutes over the allowed parking time. I've taken on board the advice to ignore all correspondence but wanted to check on one thing. I believe the land is council owned and remember reading somewhere that charges must be paid if the land is owned by a local authority but only if issued under the RTA1991. No reference to RTA1991 appears anywhere on the charge so is it safe to ignore?
    I don't want my daughter to pay the scumbags but don't want her to get in trouble further down the line.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Most unlikely to be council subcontracted ticket. Check what it says about payment, if it mentions anything about county court, ccj's, credit rating etc then its safe to ignore. If in doubt copy the cicket, host on tinypic and paste the url onto here and remove the http:// bit also remove vrm, date and serial number we just need their stuff, we don't want to identify you.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • peter_the_piper
    Forumite
    BFG wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I got a PCN ticket in ALDI in Doncaster last Tuesday.

I know it's ok to ignore them if it's ASDA or Tesco...but is ALDI the same??
    You know it is....
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    My daughter had a parking excess charge from Excel last Sunday when she was parked in Parc Tawe, Swansea. She was 12 minutes over the allowed parking time. I've taken on board the advice to ignore all correspondence but wanted to check on one thing. I believe the land is council owned and remember reading somewhere that charges must be paid if the land is owned by a local authority but only if issued under the RTA1991. No reference to RTA1991 appears anywhere on the charge so is it safe to ignore?
    I don't want my daughter to pay the scumbags but don't want her to get in trouble further down the line.

Unless it says RTA 1984, RTA 1991 or TMA 2004 on it, ignore.
  • Most unlikely to be council subcontracted ticket. Check what it says about payment, if it mentions anything about county court, ccj's, credit rating etc then its safe to ignore. If in doubt copy the cicket, host on tinypic and paste the url onto here and remove the http:// bit also remove vrm, date and serial number we just need their stuff, we don't want to identify you.

Thanks for the responses. Judging by what you said I think it's safe not to pay - but would be grateful if you could confirm. I uploaded a copy of the PCN to tinypic but wasn't allowed to paste the link here because I'm a new user. I've checked again and there's definitely no reference to any RTA. The parts that mention legal action are:

"If the charge is not settled within fourteen days of the Notice Issue Date, then the Motorist will be liable for the Full Charge of £100.00 plus any costs incurred through debt recovery and/or court action."

And further down:

"TO AVOID COURT PROCEEDINGS WHICH MAY RESULT IN ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR COURT FEES, SOLICITOR'S COSTS AND ACCRUING INTEREST, PAYMENT OR AN APPEAL MUST BE MADE TO THE 'CENTRAL PAYMENTS OFFICE' WITHIN FOURTEEN DAYS OF THE ISSUE OF THIS NOTICE."

One thing that tickled me was "ACCRUING INTEREST". Erm, accruing interest on what exactly??? :rotfl:
  • peter_the_piper
    Forumite
    edited 22 June 2010 at 4:34PM
    "TO AVOID COURT PROCEEDINGS WHICH MAY RESULT IN ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR COURT FEES, SOLICITOR'S COSTS AND ACCRUING INTEREST, PAYMENT OR AN APPEAL MUST BE MADE TO THE 'CENTRAL PAYMENTS OFFICE' WITHIN FOURTEEN DAYS OF THE ISSUE OF THIS NOTICE."

This says all you need. Its a PPC Note the "MAY" bit.
    copy the url on tinypic and paste it into a post, remove the http:// bit and serial number, vrm and date on ticket.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Hi,

Nothing will come of it, Parc Tawe is free parking , and is not council owned I can guarantee you 100%
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • designergraphics
    designergraphics Posts: 46 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2010 at 5:27PM
    This says all you need. Its a PPC Note the "MAY" bit.
    copy the url on tinypic and paste it into a post, remove the http:// bit and serial number, vrm and date on ticket.

Thanks, I'll tell my daughter not to enter into any correspondence with Excel and to just file but ignore any future mail. I've pasted a link to the PCN below with http:// omitted.

tinypic.com/m/anitmt/1

I told my daughter to send the money at first - I'm so glad I found this site!
  • taffy056 wrote: »
    Nothing will come of it, Parc Tawe is free parking , and is not council owned I can guarantee you 100%

Thanks taffy - I take it you have first hand experience!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure