Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Thank you Nellie for the birthday card :) If you fancy a trip to the seaside on the train sometime soon let me know. Maybe Blackpool and meet Ellie and Sunflower and anyone else :)

Is it your birthday today Emerald?
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Shame, my last one was a Sony Vaio and I really liked it. Yours must be at least 4 years old, not doing too bad for it's age. It could be that you turn it off today, turn it back on tomorrow and it is simply back.
    How do you work out the age of it?
    Was going to suggest what Zip has just said.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Happy birthday Marmie :D :beer:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • gocat wrote: »
    What do u use to catch them Marms. Had a horror story the other day. We got a Karcher about 5years ago and never been used as OH got too ill to use it and I couldnt be bothered lol. Anyway, other day when family were her for a bbq, my DS asks if she can take it to her place to try it out. So a few of them go in the garage, get this old box and transport it through my garden, through my house :eek: (dont know why they didnt use sidegate :mad: ) into her car and took it home. Next day they opened up the box and there was a family of live mice in there running around. I didnt see them but sister think they were mum with babies and released them into her next door neighbours overgrown garden :eek:
    Now Im scared to go in my garage incase there are more in there.
    Im petrified of them.

Morning all :wave:

Good evening......I use mouse traps...I tempt them with a nice piece of mature cheddar...Works a treat...:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Good evening......I use mouse traps...I tempt them with a nice piece of mature cheddar...Works a treat...:D

We use the fat off bacon... :D:D:D:D

Happy birthday Mr Marmite x
  • Nellie35 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone :wave: Sunny but cooler today, rain forecast later:(

Happy birthday marmite, hope you and your boy both have a great day :beer:
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    :bdaycake:Happy birthday marmite
    Ooops, missed that :o

Happy Birthday Marmie marmite_cake.png

Ooo This is a surprise....Thank you all so much for you kind message...:o

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Is it your birthday today Emerald?

Hi Seren, I don't think emeralds around at the moment but I know that it is her birthday tomorrow:)
  • Happy Birthday Marmite

4398317368_60e49bfe86_z.jpg
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to Marmie and any one else who is celebrating today......
    gocat wrote: »
    Happy birthday Marmie. :j:j
    My DS has a cat called Marmaduke and they call it
    Marmie for short :)

Thank you all...You are so thoughtful......

• Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    Hi Seren, I don't think emeralds around at the moment but I know that it is her birthday tomorrow:)

Thanks Nellie x :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've been watching Coronation Street and their current storyline. It's a subject that many of us can relate to, and indeed, the Elite has been affected by it too :( :A

I'd just like to say that if anyone is struggling, it is ok to talk. But please, please talk to someone. Call the Samaritans, call a friend, but please talk to someone. Please don't ever feel that you are alone
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport