IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Holiday Inn Rotherham

Just wondering if anyone has had a ticket overturned without appealing. My wife attended a conference here last month and didn't register her car at reception. Ticket arrived yesterday and appeal submitted to PE with email chain from Holiday Inn asking for it to be rescinded.
I was just wondering how good the hotel chain are at getting them sorted

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Complaints to the landowner/operator are often possible but OTOH, Holiday Inn can be patchy, esp if their hotel is on a park with facilities managed by someone else.

Before doing anything else, you need to read-up on the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum, which lays out the most viable strategies for dealing with PE.

Did your OH appeal to PE as the driver or the RK? This may well affect what you need to do next.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    If this is J33/M1 I cannot see why they need parking enforcement, it is right out in the sticks. Google Earth (2015) shows no scammers on site.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Parking lie are a nasty, nasty company and just want your money.

A landowner cancellation is best. If they aren't interested, leave negative feedback on fakebook and their own website.

If the hotel doesn't cancel and parking lie reject your appeal, you will then need to get stuck in to post 3 of the NEWBIES thread and read up on how to beat this.

Photos of the car park, entrance, and signs will be useful if you can get them.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • pogofish wrote: »
    Complaints to the landowner/operator are often possible but OTOH, Holiday Inn can be patchy, esp if their hotel is on a park with facilities managed by someone else.

Before doing anything else, you need to read-up on the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum, which lays out the most viable strategies for dealing with PE.

Did your OH appeal to PE as the driver or the RK? This may well affect what you need to do next.

We already have an email chain from HI to their parent company requesting the charge to be rescinded.

I also completed the the appeal to PE as the keeper using the template on the sticky and submitted a copy of the email chain as evidence.
  • The_Deep wrote: »
    If this is J33/M1 I cannot see why they need parking enforcement, it is right out in the sticks. Google Earth (2015) shows no scammers on site.

Yes that's the one and it's directly opposite a small retail park which they say is the reason they have started using PE.

What caught my wife out is that she has had meetings there in the past before they instigated this policy and didn't see the signs.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2017 at 1:13PM
    It is hardly "directly opposite", 200-400 yards across a main road to a small retail park which appears to have adequate parking, that is a long way to carry a sheet of plasterboard from Wickes.

I should write some very rude stuff on their Facebook and TripAdvisor pages. AFAICS, the scammers are completely unnecessary at this location.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    you said you have an email chain from the hotel, can you clarify that the hotel has requested a cancellation
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Half_way wrote: »
    you said you have an email chain from the hotel, can you clarify that the hotel has requested a cancellation
    The hotel manager has sent an email to his head office (Not PE) requesting a cancellation and we have been copied in to the email
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    The hotel manager has sent an email to his head office (Not PE) requesting a cancellation and we have been copied in to the email

Contact the manager again, thank them for helping, and ask them to send it direct to parking lie as nothing has happened yet and your appeal window is time sensitive, or words to that effect.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sounds like this one will be cancelled but do update us if not. You say you have appealed to ParkingEye using their appeals page? You have done enough, IMHO (except for complaining to your MP which more people need to do, put pressure on for this scam to be reined in).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure