PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Cinders: wrote: »
    EA just called back, the buyers have upped their offer, and we have accepted! I'm thinking that a glass of champagne is in order tonight...or maybe it would be best to wait until completion, as nothing ever runs completely smoothly with us, and am already expecting hiccups along the way.

That was quick, it sounds like your buyers are keen :T

I had an offer on a house declined last week and am still trying to decide whether to increase the offer.
  • LoopyLoops
    LoopyLoops Posts: 106
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Congratulations Cinders! You certainly could celebrate with a glass of something tonight. Fingers crossed it's all straight forward for you. :beer:
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    The problem is that there is a lag with sold house price data so it'll only say overpriced 3 months later!
  • Cinders:
    Cinders: Posts: 214
    Forumite
    That was quick, it sounds like your buyers are keen :T

I had an offer on a house declined last week and am still trying to decide whether to increase the offer.

Do you really love the house you're offering on, or is it one of many similar properties that come onto the market quite frequently?
    SPC # 115 :p
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Well Estate agent got back to me about viewing from Saturday - they were FTB's but thought there was too much that needed doing. I personally dont think there is really much that needs doing inside. I've decided that the carpets are going to get replaced as thats the only downfall major inside, the rest are just touch ups and a bit of DIY. The garden is getting done next week so that should help.

This week & next I plan to -

Get quotes for carpets throughout upstairs.
    Paint ceiling in bathroom - we had it plastered in Feb.
    Re-seal bath and touch up grout.
    Final coat of paint in hallway
    De-weed front garden

Sarah
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Cinders:
    Cinders: Posts: 214
    Forumite
    LoopyLoops wrote: »
    Congratulations Cinders! You certainly could celebrate with a glass of something tonight. Fingers crossed it's all straight forward for you. :beer:

Thank you very much, I have a bottle chilling in the fridge already! :beer:
    SPC # 115 :p
  • Cinders: wrote: »
    Do you really love the house you're offering on, or is it one of many similar properties that come onto the market quite frequently?

I had originally tried to view a house on the next street but it was sold before I got to see it. That was end terrace and this one is a mid-terrace, but is on for the same price and in less good condition. I don't love this house, but it is somewhere I could live for a few years until I can afford a better house. I could rent and try to save up, but would rather build up equity in a house instead, or at least try to. The house I offered on has been on since September and so far had one other low offer from an investor. I hoped my offer would be high enough to be accepted, but unfortunately not. They are looking for £2.5k more, not much I know, but with the work the house needs I would rather spend any spare cash on that. There isn't a lot new coming on though, so I might reconsider soon.
  • Cinders BRAVO and CONGRATULATIONS!

Lovem GOOD LUCK.

Golly I don't take much notice of those "price qualifiers".

Had an offer. Too low.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Had an offer. Too low.
    Aww....and I had my fingers crossed for you too. :(

D'you think they'll come up? They may be just testing the water.
  • LoopyLoops
    LoopyLoops Posts: 106
    Forumite
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Aww....and I had my fingers crossed for you too. :(

D'you think they'll come up? They may be just testing the water.

Me too, I was really hoping it would be a good offer. Hoping they come back with a better one!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback