NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Comments

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all,

SFD number 4 today :) Busy at work and then lesson planning at home tonight. Two weeks until half term :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks Mothernerd all the Bob's are finally back up and running again. I do know what you mean in an odd way about being ill and it forcing a stop. This wasn't one of those occasions for me but I have had that. Keep taking care of yourself.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Get Outside Everyday 8/30 – I was out and about running errands yesterday. Not sure if this counts?
    Food Budget £500 (£400 stretch)/£218.11 – I spent in Mr T yesterday on some ingredients for a chicken satay dish I want to make to take away with me and topped up the fruit bowl.
    Half Term and Entertainment Budget £100/£0 nothing planned until half term
    Miscellaneous Budget £100/£94.47 – bought a replacement cable for the IT I have to hand back to work. Need to get another one too so will be over this budget
    Learn something new – Will practice my press ups in the hotel for the next 3 nights
    Lunch to work 6/18 – Made DH lunch and he has left it on the bench!
    SFD 2/15 – Aiming for a NSD Wed and Thurs
    5 a day F &V 2/30 – Eating much better this week although not up to 5/day yet. I need to be drinking more water. I have planned what I am eating when away, packed some bits and have a list to spend my dinner allowance on tonight which should cover the next couple of days. Planning to avoid all restaurant meals accept 1 lunch out with colleagues but I have already had a look at the menu choices.
    Exercise 5/week 9/20 – PT session last night using the leg machines for the first time. Ouch! Will do a HIIT session in the hotel as no pool or gym and then next PT session is Friday.
    Make some money £250/£83.74
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Morning Turtles,

Another NSD yesterday and I'll get another today too!!

Made my lunch this morning so no need to buy anything, didn't even bring my wallet I'm that confident. Tonight I'll eat something from the fridge or freezer. In fact, maybe a nice healthy omelette! I digress.

Another reason I'm refusing to spend is to let any payments come through and show on my account. I'm with First Direct and they take ages (in comparison to my previous bank, BoS). I mean 3-4 days. And given that I use YNAB everyday, I need to keep things up to date and make sure it all matches up. So I've another reason not to spend - not that I need it.
  • Morning all :hello:

NSDs -No. 8 will be achieved today. No plans to spend. I do need to buy some t-shirts for BF for xmas, I'm going to try and bleach a pattern into them. But that can wait for another day.

Extra cashI'm starting to get the hang of these 'clicks' and surveys. Completed my first survey last night (have tried 7 unsuccessful ones) made 50p.

Learn - I have decided what my 'learn' will be, BF has promised me we can make a pumpkin lantern this year, I have never made a lantern before so I'm a little excited :o I'm also going to attempt to make a pumpkin pie (as we'll have pumpkin guts to use up). I have never tasted pumpkin either.
    Lunch to work -So far this month a success. Kind of an easy one as I always take lunch in.
    Healthy eatingI have been eating a lot of fruit and veg, but I'm not sure if it works out to 5 a day. Yesterday I had blueberries on my wheatabix, 2 satumas, half a box of strawberries, half a packet of asparagus, a handful of broccoli and some carrots, mushrooms & onions in my cottage pie.
    This morning I had more blueberries on my porridge, and planning more asparagus and broccoli with my chicken pie later. Then I'll have my fruit at work.

Exercise - I have a headache today (I think from dehydration) so skipping my morning run. But I did do 2 miles yesterday, after my 10k on sunday.

Week 2 Mini Challenge
    Love the smell of Potting Compost?
    You still have time to plant bulbs for indoor flowering in time for Christmas
    The only plant I've had success with keeping alive is my peace lily. BF is in charge of the flowers in the yard (which he was tidied up ready for winter) and we have all the indoor plants we need.
    I would love to have a little space to grow veggies, but we only have a small yard. We were successful with a two tomato plants and managed a couple of hauls.
    Hopefully when we get around to buying our own place we can get something with space for a little plot.

If you don't do plants of any kind, think of something else that will remind you in the coming months that warmth and light will return (candles maybe).
    Candles is more my thing, I love the cosy glow from a candle, and some of them smell lovely. I need to top up my supply.

I would like you all to get in touch with your playful side this week. Get outside and do something childlike or arty - jump in the leaves or shuffle thorugh like a train, splash in puddles.
    I love autumn and winter, I usually have a scuffle through the dry leaves, but they seem a little sparce at the moment. I love rain and always have to run to the window whenever there is a heavy storm. Driving through deep puddles always gives me a thrill.
    I have a Ninja Turtle colouring book at work for the quiet periods (it was an xmas present) so I may colour in a couple of pictures tonight :D
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • XSpender wrote: »
    Get Outside Everyday 8/30 – I was out and about running errands yesterday. Not sure if this counts?
    You left the house, it counts :D
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Yesterday's update from me:

Spends - spent £4 on parking but this is reclaimable so am counting as NSD.

HEalthy eating - roasted veg in my sandwich yesterday lunchtime and that was about it f&v wise. Didn't actually eat proper meals yesterday.

Extra money - none yesterday.

Exercise - 11700 steps yesterday, 20 floors climbed and 78 active minutes in total according to fitbit :)

Getting outside - met a friend for lunch and that involved a walk through a couple of steep streets to get there - beautiful tree lined streets with leaves falling all around in Autumn sunshine :)

Lunch to work - I had lunch out yesterday but friend paid.

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    11 October

Hi Everyone

Keeping up the healthy eating (Everybody seems to be doing really well with this one) Fruit, veg and no alcohol. C has lost his appetite so I'm having something from freezer for myself again.

Went for a walk to shops as we needed some bread so topped up on fruit whilst I was there.

Cough/colds seem to be getting worse rather than better and can't get a doctor's appointment until Thursday. Must be a lot of bugs going about because that's a very long time for our practice. Hopefully they'll be able to prescribe something as over the counter stuff isn't helping all.

Another early night with a hot lemon drink, I think.

Take care, all
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hello folks,

So, today has not been a NSD unfortunately. It was going well until I realised I needed to post a letter - so had to pay for postage. Oh well. Fully intend for tomorrow, Thursday and Friday to be NSD.

I stocked up on some candles yesterday - apple spice pillar candles from Asda. They smell so Christmassy! I love candles this time of year, I have them everywhere!!!

I have managed my 5 a day today but the problem is most of that is in fruit: raspberries, cherries, strawberries, melon and apple! Need to eat some veg!!!!

I have also taken lunch to work today (and to be fair plan to do this every day!)
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Brief check in again - I promise full service will be resumed in a couple of days. Loving all your successes, remember to celebrate with your victory dance.

Still feeling pathetic but determined to get something done today. Bins are collected tomorrow and DS3's room was full of recycling, mostly cans and slushie cups. Used a broom to sweep them out and launch them downstairs.

Loaded pots from my room into a bag, tottered downstairs, shoved a portion of lasagne into the microwave, rinsed all the recycling, filled a huge i k e a bag and took it all to the bin. Had to rest holding on to the bin before I could walk back up the yard again. Cooked some frozen broc and cauli and the stirred them into the leftover curry sauce from the other night. Washed a few pots and put more into soak.

Was exhausted when I got back to bed. Enormous effeort for little progress but I did do something and in the spirit of celebrating our achievements and with a few more trips downstairs I have had a bath, thrown a bathsheet, my nightie and the flannel down and put them in the wash, worked through loads of pots (still soaking the oven trays), put the bins out, cut a difficult branch off the pyracantha and even taken 2 important letters to the post box (which seemed like an impossible goal this morning).

Still have lots of craft prep I want to do and am tired and aching but very pleased with my work.

Today I am grateful for delicious food from the freezer/ leftovers, for it not raining in spite of not being very promising weather (wearing the sleeveless nightie so added wrap around cardi (and wellies when I go outside) and a visit from DS2 and the small dog he is minding this week.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport