First Direct service

First Direct has won awards for its customer service but in recent weeks I’ve noticed a significant deterioration. Just like so many other banks you no longer get straight through to an agent. I’ve been put on hold for 6 to10 minutes and have abandoned my call several times. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• billy2shots
    billy2shots Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    First Direct has won awards for its customer service but in recent weeks I’ve noticed a significant deterioration. Just like so many other banks you no longer get straight through to an agent. I’ve been put on hold for 6 to10 minutes and have abandoned my call several times. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Setting up a mortgage last year was a doddle with phones answered in seconds.

Phoning the banking department yesterday (for the first time) has me waiting nearly 8 minutes at 3pm in the afternoon.

So not exactly comparing apples with apples due to different departments but recent reviews suggest there has been a change in customer service.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Call waits are not good at the moment.

I have heard that they are using people from internal departments to take call center call when they are busy. Which of course has a knock on effect for people wanting to speak to internal teams.

Happy Birthday to them. 30 today.. old age starting to kick in. Ceo was only 3 when they launched and say quite a lot about them...
    Life in the slow lane
  • Rich1976
    Rich1976 Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The new online banking interface seems to be the main problem plus everyone needs a secure key to access or carry out transactions online. Took me 20 minutes to get through in August, though phoned them last week and waited 5 minutes. Gone are the days when they answered in seconds.

That plus their already archaic way of doing stuff in that you have to phone them for some things instead of online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure