New account + switch

Hi,

My partner and I would like to open joint current and savings accounts as we are moving in together. We would also like to keep our existing current accounts where they are.

We'd like to take advantage of the Natwest Switch Incentive, would we be able to open a new account with one of our existing providers then switch it (pretty much immediately) with Natwest? Do they look at the age of the account being switched?

Comments

• Do they look at the age of the account being switched?

No, they don't look at account age. Just make sure you satisfy all of the Natwest switch incentive terms. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    We'd like to take advantage of the Natwest Switch Incentive...
    If you really wanted to "take advantage" you'd each open sole accounts and switch both into sole accounts with NatWest. Then, once the incentives have been paid next February you'd convert one of them to joint and switch the other away for an incentive elsewhere. This has the added benefit of not financially linking your credit files for the time being.

Or maybe an extra £150 isn't as important as getting a joint account now? If it isn't, then no need to mess around with a joint account switch. One of you opens and switches a sole account. Then add the second account holder making it joint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure