Hermes

I'm surprised there isn't a sticky thread for Hermes.

Ordered some shirts online. Delivered to "a neighbour". No attempt from Hermes to come to our house (CCTV shows no access). None of my nearby neighbours know anything about it.

Complained to vendor, and to their credit they responded within an hour to say they've shipped another order...

With Hermes.

Sigh.

What's the chance that one will go missing too. I'll find out later today!

Comments

• London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Never had a problem with them in over 8 years, the last 4 years had the same person delivering and even yesterday had a delivery at 9.50 pm.
    It is a shame that some of the people they have delivering give the company a bad name but I have nothing but praise for the ones that have delivered to us.
  • Sorry to hear Hermes have given you trouble OP...personally, I only wish ALL courier companies were as good as our local Hermes!
  • To their credit, the replacement parcel turned up today unscathed. No sign of the first one. I'm starting to wonder if I have a dishonest neighbour.
  • alumende27 wrote: »
    To their credit, the replacement parcel turned up today unscathed. No sign of the first one. I'm starting to wonder if I have a dishonest neighbour.

My money is on incompetent or lazy van driver.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Got a "sorry you were out" card from Hermes yesterday. It said that they had left my parcel by the "back door". I don't have a back door!

My experience from other courier problems is to take it up with the retailer as the contract for delivery is between them and the courier
  • I have to admit that my local Hermes delivery ladies, yes they are both female, are excellent. Never had any problems with their deliveries whatsoever.
    I do use them for sending stuff too. Up until the most recent they've been spot on. However, the last package I sent, earlier this month, has gone missing. Last tracking event shows out for delivery but it hasn't been. I can assume that the driver has possibly "mislaid" it. Fortunately I paid for extra insurance to cover the value. Only today submitted a claim form.
    Trying to contact them is not that easy. Online chat worked once and then hasn't since. An e-mail achieved a result.
    Now whether obtaining my money back is easy, only time will tell.
  • At least your got your second parcel (: it could be that you had a lazy driver the first tim
  • Lee_Robertson
    Lee_Robertson Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 17 January 2019 at 4:30PM
    Well somebody somewhere must be having good experiences with Hermes because they still manage to stay in business!

Personally I've had nothing at all but bad experiences with them and its gotten so bad I've actually refused to buy off of EBay vendors IF they use Hermes.

My house has about 20 parcels a week delivered and we rarely have any issues with any other than Hermes!

I have emails from Hermes stating a product will be delivered on a day, and then on that day when there is no delivery I use their previously inaccessible tracking function on their website and it states that they are actually still waiting to receive the product from the vendor! Another wasted day sitting around doing nothing productive!

They continually leave parcels in places specifically identified to their customer services as not safe to leave parcels, which then obviously go missing, I have apparently accepted parcels when I wasn't even in London! (I was in Birmingham visiting friends) BUT because it wasn't a signed for service the problem was with the seller! I've specified days that I will be out of the country to their customer services who assured me THREE TIMES on two separate occasions that adjustments to my delivery would be made... and of course there were no adjustments made and the parcels were lost by the time I reached the UK again! I've taken days off of work to be in for a delivery which has never happened! They've left parcels on the doorstep in full view of the street... which have then become rain sodden destroying electrical components inside the parcel...and the crowning service related turd is that they claim to have attempted to deliver whilst Im sitting in my office which has a window overlooking the path to my front door on a day whilst I've been sitting in the office all day and saw NOBODY!

Their Indian call centres are incapable of dealing with anything at all beyond giving an estimate on the delivery day. They give multiple false assurances none of which have EVER been honoured, then when I make an official complaint providing documentation of the conversations with the operators its all just dismissed.

The company is nothing more than a badly run international circus act!

:mad:
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hermes has always been the best of all the carriers for me.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    Got a "sorry you were out" card from Hermes yesterday. It said that they had left my parcel by the "back door". I don't have a back door!

My experience from other courier problems is to take it up with the retailer as the contract for delivery is between them and the courier

As a follow-up to this I got a quick response from the retailer (Harrys.com) who apologised, said they would pass on my feedback to Hermes and sent out a free replacement delivery using Royal Mail. Nice one.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback