Options

Comments

• Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Of course they wont allow a safeplace.
    The sender has requested a signature from the recipient address.as proof of delivery.
    Folks always fine with 'just leave it anywhere/stuff getting signed for' until the parcel isnt there. then suddenly they are interested in procedures (from experience!)

I don't see why you can't specify a safe place online for all orders and then they take a photo showing it's there. They are covered if anything goes wrong and there is proof they delivered it.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    My regular Hermes delivery man is truly excellent. The part time one isn't good at all though, and as for the porson who is meant to collect parcels, absolutely terrible as they literally never turn up.
  • letsbehonest
    Options
    I always use MyHermes never ever had any problem.
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
  • Francesanne
    Francesanne Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Haven't had a single problem with Hermes deliveries in all the years we've been ordering online. The same goes for all the other courier services too. We've desginated a safe place if we're not in and works perfectly.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Takmon wrote: »
    I don't see why you can't specify a safe place online for all orders and then they take a photo showing it's there. They are covered if anything goes wrong and there is proof they delivered it.

They?
    Who is they? The sender? Well now there item isnt there and they have a customer with no item.
    Its the sender that chooses and dictates the service they use/require.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    They?
    Who is they? The sender? Well now there item isnt there and they have a customer with no item.
    Its the sender that chooses and dictates the service they use/require.

Yes the sender and courier will be covered because they have a picture showing the item was delivered to the safe place as specified by the customer.

If the item goes missing after the item is delivered to the safe place it would be the customers liability.
  • custardy
    Options
    Takmon wrote: »
    Yes the sender and courier will be covered because they have a picture showing the item was delivered to the safe place as specified by the customer.

If the item goes missing after the item is delivered to the safe place it would be the customers liability.

The sender has obviously decided they dont want this item simply dumped somewhere.
    Hence the signature requirement.....

FYI. You would be amazed how easy going folks are about where their parcels get left,until something goes wrong.
  • figjamuk
    Options
    HI

New to forum but wanted to know if anyone can help.
    Sold an Apple Mac computer on Ebay and boxed it up then sent by Myhermes and it never arrived at the buyer, lost in transit! Myhermes agree it has been lost but say they won't cover it and refund as it on their excluded list, I checked the list and there is no mention of computers being covered, it only says monitors are excluded and the Apple Mac is a computers not just a monitor.

They have written back to me a number of times saying its not covered and I have wrote back saying its not a monitor its a computer but they do nothing.

Any suggestions, Many thanks
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    So no monitor included ??
  • custardy
    Options
    figjamuk wrote: »
    HI

New to forum but wanted to know if anyone can help.
    Sold an Apple Mac computer on Ebay and boxed it up then sent by Myhermes and it never arrived at the buyer, lost in transit! Myhermes agree it has been lost but say they won't cover it and refund as it on their excluded list, I checked the list and there is no mention of computers being covered, it only says monitors are excluded and the Apple Mac is a computers not just a monitor.

They have written back to me a number of times saying its not covered and I have wrote back saying its not a monitor its a computer but they do nothing.

Any suggestions, Many thanks

You sent an all in one computer with a monitor.
    So its not covered
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure