Unauthorised transfers

Please can I have advice. I ordered a free sample, and paid shipping charges. I don’t get the sample. Then I noticed the company requested payment in full for full sizes of products of which I don’t want. I called my bank on the day i could see the pending transfer, and told my bank i had not authorised this payment. The next day the transfer went through. My bank told me i have to wait 15 working days. Then I can contact them about this matter. I have email the company every day since demanding a refund. They have not responded. I also have received nothing, not even the free sample. What can I do? :money::money::mad::mad::mad::money:

Comments

• The T's and C's of the free sample would have said that in XX days time they will ship and charge you for the full-sized items.

You need to wait for the company to refund you (if they will), since it was in the terms of the trial you agreed to it.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    It is quite a prevalent 'scam' - offering free samples and buried in the T&C is that you have to pay for full size ones.

You should get your money back from the bank as you have not received the sample. Also tell trading standards.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    How is this money actually being taken from your account?
    What do you mean by 'transfer'?
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,018
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Face cream? Diet pills....

You agreed to their T/C.

You pay P&P, they then charge you the full amount for the product if not returned or cancelled in 14 days.
    Oh and get your bank to cancel the CPA... As this will continue on a monthly basis.

Will be about 50% of the disputes team calls....
    Life in the slow lane
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    In future don't order a free sample if its asking for card details, was it from the US, guess so by the shipping charges.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure