Changes in the Law to make cycling safer for all

12346»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Anyway, where's your more "balanced" study to disprove their results?
    Don't need to. You made the allegation, it's up to you to prove it, not me to disprove it.
  • Dave_C_2
    Dave_C_2 Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    Hands up motorists who always stay below a 30 mph limit.
    Me - when I'm on my bike :)

Dave
  • JQ.
    JQ. Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    !!!!!! wrote: »
    Don't need to. You made the allegation, it's up to you to prove it, not me to disprove it.

He did, but as the stats don't support your opinion you're ignoring them. I'd suggest it's up you to now provide contradictory evidence.

Of course the majority of motorists speed.
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Dave_C wrote: »
    Me - when I'm on my bike :)

Dave

I try to go past speed cameras at over 30mph on my bike. Good fun, and entirely legal.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    JQ. wrote: »
    He did, but as the stats don't support your opinion you're ignoring them. I'd suggest it's up you to now provide contradictory evidence.

Of course the majority of motorists speed.
    Sorry but a very small survey of a bunch of magazine readers can not be considered as a suitable base for expanding the results to apply to all drivers.
  • JQ.
    JQ. Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Sorry but a very small survey of a bunch of magazine readers can not be considered as a suitable base for expanding the results to apply to all drivers.

I'm happy to accept the results, but then I agree with them. And my own personal experiences concur with the results. You're saying the results are wrong - prove it.

Do you genuinely believe that the majority of drivers don't speed?

My 75yr old father is a very careful and cautious driver and rarely exceeds the limit, but he's still had 2 speeding tickets over his driving career. However, I'll bet if is he was asked in a survey on the street if he exceeded the speed limit he'd say no.
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

No, I didn't.

Do try and keep up.
  • !!!!!! wrote: »

That may be true, but it IS part of the evidence. I'm sure there are other studies out there, and I'm sure there's a meta-analysis somewhere too if you look.
    It's only numbers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport