NHS interview help

Options
Hi,

I have a clerk administrator interview next week at my local hospital.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what will be asked?

Any tips will be appreciated

Many Thanks

Comments

• I always find that a lot of roles will refer back to the persona specification so it is always advised that you retain a copy so you can refer back to this when you go for an interview.

More than likely will revolve around competency based questions.

Has any tests been mentioned? This will be included in the invite email if so.
  • cazzzie987
    Options
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    I always find that a lot of roles will refer back to the persona specification so it is always advised that you retain a copy so you can refer back to this when you go for an interview.

More than likely will revolve around competency based questions.

Has any tests been mentioned? This will be included in the invite email if so.

Thanks for your reply. No tests mentioned.

When I accepted, it gave me a twenty minute slot for the interview. Is that normal?
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    20 mins is more then enough

for a clerks job, there would have been 100's of applicants, so you got shortlisted on your CV/application form which means you have the experience they want

The interview will to be mainly to find out how you come across, if you fit in

They will ask questions about how you deal will high pressure roles, who has the biggest claim on what you deal with first for example, a demand from a consultant, the ringing phone , or the distressed patient

Turn up, have a tidy appearance, be friendly, be approachable. You don't have to know all the answers, for that role they are looking for people people if you know what i mean

Good luck
  • cazzzie987
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    20 mins is more then enough

for a clerks job, there would have been 100's of applicants, so you got shortlisted on your CV/application form which means you have the experience they want

The interview will to be mainly to find out how you come across, if you fit in

They will ask questions about how you deal will high pressure roles, who has the biggest claim on what you deal with first for example, a demand from a consultant, the ringing phone , or the distressed patient

Turn up, have a tidy appearance, be friendly, be approachable. You don't have to know all the answers, for that role they are looking for people people if you know what i mean

Good luck

I would say deal with the doctor first, so they can get back to the patients, then the patient at the desk then the phone?
  • Angie50
    Options
    Most hospitals usual have visions and values, I would find out what they are, look on the hospital website also about the Caldecott principles, data protection because if you are working with patient details they will ask about confidentiality etc. This is what I was asked always look at the person specific because the questions are usually around that and know why you are applying, what you can offer the job and look at your supporting sheet because they have looked at that and seen something that they like. The interview is usually on a points system, so the more you say the better especially if you relate all your experience & what you have written to the post your applying for. Hope this helps and good luck.
  • cazzzie987
    Options
    Angie50 wrote: »
    Most hospitals usual have visions and values, I would find out what they are, look on the hospital website also about the Caldecott principles, data protection because if you are working with patient details they will ask about confidentiality etc. This is what I was asked always look at the person specific because the questions are usually around that and know why you are applying, what you can offer the job and look at your supporting sheet because they have looked at that and seen something that they like. The interview is usually on a points system, so the more you say the better especially if you relate all your experience & what you have written to the post your applying for. Hope this helps and good luck.

I am never going to remember all the Caldecott principles lol
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd expect Equalities to be another area covered in the interview. Know what the areas are, think about how that affects your work.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    Options
    I have been asked how i would prioritze my workload and could i give an example of when i used my initative and always confidentiality!
  • Happy56
    Options
    Hello cazzzke did you get the job?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills