Strange problem with new hisense H43B7100UK tv

Hi

Hopefully someone can identify an easy solution to this issue. I have just taken delivery of the above TV. It all seems to be fine and I can access apps directly from the buttons on the TV remote i. e. Netflix.

However when I try and access any app from the smart menu after pressing the home button none of the apps will load. I just get a blank screen. I can get back to the smart TV menu by pressing the home button again but can't get to any of the apps. Once this has happened I then can't get a tv picture after exiting the smart menu unless I turn the TV off and on again! Very strange.

I've tried turning off and on and a factory reset but nothing has helped. The firmware is updated to the most recent version which is V0000.01.00a.J0713

Any help gratefully received. Thanks

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If you have a fault with a brand new product give it back to who you bought it from and give them details of the fault. As brand new products should work out of the box it isn't worth fixing ones that don't.
  • I agree. But hisense are sending me out the latest software update on a usb stick. If that doesn't work its going straight back...
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Is it connected to wifi and freeview.
  • well i received the usb stick with update on it today. did the update and that has totally solved the problem. It was a software issue.

For some reason the TV was also telling me that I had the latest update when I actually didnt. Hisense for some reason dont allow you to download the update from the internet but its all working now.

OPne final point to note for anyone that is following the same method - once it updated the region was switched to germany (where they do testing supposedly) so in order to get the uk apps (iplayer etc) you have to go into the settings and change the region back to the uk following the update!
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thats good info,well done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts