O2 Broadband (merged)

Comments

• I'm moving house soon & want to change my ISP.
    As O2 are doing some cheap deals at the moment, i was thinking of going with them.

Does anyone have 02 Broadband or know if it's any good?
  • I've been looking into it... It seems ok and as i'm on 02 i get discount, which is nice... They do free connection too til end of jan and 100 day money back thingy too...
  • Yer O2 is a good deal at mo, shame I cant get it yet at my local exchange :(
  • toothwiz wrote: »
    I have just signed up and set up my o2 broadband and speed seems to be a good spped however sometimes it appears to disconnect whilst I am surfing. may be a few teething probs will let you know if i resolve it

I've had the same problems since switching to O2 recently.

Tried their (ever-so-helpful) customer services but they seem to have no clue either. Not too sure but it seems to be something related to the dynamic IP addresses that are assigned which keep refreshing from time to time causing this disconnection.

Am giving it a try for another couple of weeks before deciding whether to stay with them or no.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    scorpio13 wrote: »
    I'm moving house soon & want to change my ISP.
    As O2 are doing some cheap deals at the moment, i was thinking of going with them.

Does anyone have 02 Broadband or know if it's any good?

Been with O2 Broadband for nearly two months now and very impressed so far.

Speed, reliability and customer service (freephone) are all excellent.

Switching and setup was piece of cake.

Only gripe is Continuous Card Authority billing which is mandatory.

Regards
    UNDERGROUND :D
  • I must say I've been very impressed with o2. I'm on the 8Mb 7.50 package.

Customer service is excellent - based in Glasgow, quick to answer, know what they're talking about and contactable on a 0800 number.

Due to the fact that it is ADSL2+, speeds are generally better than ADSL Max. I was getting ~ 2Mb on Max. Now getting ~ 6.5Mb down and ~800Kb up with o2.
  • Has anyone actually moved onto O2 Broadband? Is it as good as it sounds, well for O2 mobile customers it seems to be. I am very tempted but undure if they are fully up and working well enough.
  • PBA
    PBA Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Using O2 BB now, far faster than my last house with BT BB and indeed faster than the leased line connection at work. Not been slowed down either by the fact I downloaded 10 gig in a evening a couple nights ago.
  • I've had the same problems since switching to O2 recently.

Tried their (ever-so-helpful) customer services but they seem to have no clue either. Not too sure but it seems to be something related to the dynamic IP addresses that are assigned which keep refreshing from time to time causing this disconnection.

Am giving it a try for another couple of weeks before deciding whether to stay with them or no.

What did they have to say about it when you complained?
  • Hi all. This is the first time I've ever posted on here! I'm looking to get a better deal on my home broadband. Currently we're with BT, and pay around £18 a month for a service that - genuinely - doesn't work for about 50% of the time. Their service centre is rubbish, difficult to get through to and not in this country. I'm an o2 mobile contract customer and Martin suggests that their £7.50 a month deal is actually quite good. It certainly seems so. Does anyone here know about it? Does it affect your mobile bill? Does it work the same way as BT does (or in our case, doesn't!) by just plugging into the phone line etc? I'd appreciate some help - I want a better broadband price and service!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure