O2 Broadband (merged)

Options
http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKL0372243720071003?feedType=RSS
http://broadband.o2.co.uk/

Launched on October 15th, for anyone with a current O2 phone contract the prices are:

£7.50 pm - 8 Mbps ADSL2+
£10.00 pm - 16 Mbps ADSL2+
£15.00 pm - 24 Mbps ADSL2+

All will probably be unlimited downloads with a Fair Use Policy (probably not strictly enforced, judging by other O2 owned ISPs).

Without an O2 contract the prices will be + £10.

Comments

• chris73
    chris73 Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    Looks Like the O2 Broadband Offerings have finally gone 'live'

£7.50 / Month 8mb
    £10.00 / Month 16mb
    £15.00 / Month 20mb

All "unlimited" packages but subject to a fair usage policy, Minimum contract period of 12 months, 100 day money back guarantee.

* All prices are for those with pay monthly contracts - sod all loyalty for PAYG customers on this 'deal' so they won't be winning me over :rolleyes:

http://broadband.o2.co.uk/
  • frogman_2
    Options
    Just spoke to a very nice CSR who seemed to know what he was talking about!

Obviously as O2 are using the BE network, this is an LLU network.

The Standard package is a DSL Max service while the Premium & Ultimate packages are both DSL2 services. He seemed to suggest that these were not "scaled" DSL2 services ie. if you have a signal attenuation of greater than 40db (approx.), you'll get the same download sync rate for Premium or Ultimate packages.

So there is no reason to go for the Ultimate service unless you are living less than a mile or so from the exchange (go check your location at SamKnows) or want to upload at a slightly higher rate than the other services.

No download limits, though there is a FUP and no numbers on contention ratio yet.
  • starving_artist
    Options
    [QUOTE=frogman;6562099
    Obviously as O2 are using the BE network, this is an LLU network.
    [/QUOTE]

On the O2 website it says you must have a BT landline and seems to talk about operating on the BT line.

I know if you want to move from ADSL to cable, BT makes a charge to take the BB marker off your ADSL line. Are there any issues/charges involved in using a MAC to move from an ISP which works on a BT line to a LLU operator like TalkTalk or in this case BE? :confused:
  • pepsi_max2k
    Options
    >> are there any issues/charges involved in using a MAC to move from an ISP
    >> which works on a BT line to a LLU operator like TalkTalk or in this case BE?

I asked someone the same thing a week ago... apparently there's not: BT don't charge for the move away from ADSL, and any move in to LLU is made by the LLU operator in any listed set-up / connection charge (which some don't charge, and others have special deals for). Moving back to a BT product from LLU though would be treated as a new ADSL provision, so you'd be charged the usual £40 or whatever it is.
  • maikl
    Options
    If you are an O2 Pay Monthly customer, now you can get O2 broadband for as low as 7.5 quid per month for 8M + UNLIMITED (17.5 for non-O2 PM mobile users). See here:

http://broadband.o2.co.uk/packages.jsp

Though not sure if that includes the BT line rental. Anyone bothered to read T&C? :p

I've been with Bulldog for 1.5 years (paying 32 quid per month for 8M), so as an O2 Pay monthly customer I am seriously considering switching... But BD has worked well since the beginning, and I am a bit concerned about the mess I might have to encounter while leaving BD (after reading complaints on many forums).

I just found in another forum someone got 10 quid off from BD by mentioning leaving it. Not know if that works for me... Also as O2 broadband just came out for a few days, nobody knows if it is good or not except the low price.

Anyone has any comments/suggestions?
  • suffolkb
    suffolkb Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that. But if you live out here, you can`t get it. Sky have just written to tell me that I can have Sky broadband, home phone and TV for £26, so I`ll have a look at this. I`ve no complaints with Orange, but the Sky deal seems OK.
    Fancied the AOL free laptop offer, but again only available here for £29.99 pm, so no ta.
  • maikl
    Options
    suffolkb wrote: »
    Thanks for that. But if you live out here, you can`t get it. Sky have just written to tell me that I can have Sky broadband, home phone and TV for £26, so I`ll have a look at this. I`ve no complaints with Orange, but the Sky deal seems OK.
    Fancied the AOL free laptop offer, but again only available here for £29.99 pm, so no ta.

Is SKY's broadband an unlimited one?
  • epz_2
    epz_2 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Options
    from what i hear the o2 service is really run by be24, previously one of the best asdl2+ guys, im sure the will end up overrun soon but the guys are pros.
  • valli2
    valli2 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    02 owns Be and is being run seperate for the foreseeable future.
    *Steve*
    With be*
  • epz_2
    epz_2 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Options
    valli2 wrote: »
    02 owns Be and is being run seperate for the foreseeable future.

does that mean its not be providing the broadband service?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure