Cheap o2 Broadband: 20 Mbps Unlimited package for £5.17/month

Comments

• loofer
    loofer Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ianonline wrote: »
    Looks like the o2 broadband offer via Quidco is back up to £70:
    http://www.quidco.com/mobiles-utilities/internet-providers/o2-home-broadband/
    The "savvy tips" on the Quidco homepage also states "plus one months free line rental" which is a little confusing - does this mean you also have to take out a home phone package or does it actually mean you get one month's free broadband (not line rental)?

I missed out on the last £70 cashback offer, so I jumped on board when it went up from £25 to £50. I actually went through Topcashback on the last day (28/2/09) and it is tracking at £50, but for new applications it is now showing as £25 on TCB, so it looks like this new £70 cashback promotion might be exclusive to Quidco (unless they've just messed up and it's still showing as £70 from the last promotion, instead of going down from £50 to £25). :confused:

EDIT: just noticed that the o2 broadband website now states one month free for new signups - looks like I've missed out on one free month in addition to an extra £20 cahback :doh:
    AAAARRRGGGHHH:mad: :mad: :mad:
    I just signed up about a fortnight ago with the £50 cashback offer!
    (We do take cashback for granted don't we :o :rolleyes: )
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I just signed up a friend last week to get the £50, £70 would have been nicer, but you win some, you loose some! Signed up Thursday afternoon, wireless router received by 10.00 am Friday and goes live this Friday so a job well done all the same.
  • WhichWayNow
    WhichWayNow Posts: 457 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sounds like alot of people signed up to the £50 cashback offer at the very end date. Although you could'nt cancel and re-sign for the extra cashback (you may not be able to request the Services at the same installation address for 6 months after the end of the Cooling Off Period.) But I reckon they would add those last-minute new signers up to the free month? maybe?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Why should they?

Cashback dropped from £50 to £25 before going up to £70. What would have been your reaction if they said they were also dropping "new-signers" cashback to £25?
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    £70 cashback now also being offered by Topcashback. :D
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I was gutted that the cashback dropped to £25 before my phone number had ported from VM to BT, but now it seems my luck has returned (doesn't happen very often :( )

OpenReach have just left my house and my number is recognised by O2's system as belonging to BT, so I was able to order with, hopefully, £70 cashback, one month free and reduced rental as I have my mobile with O2.

All in, 12 months O2 bb should cost me a grand total of £10.74, or less than 90p a month! :money:
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sponge wrote: »
    I was gutted that the cashback dropped to £25 before my phone number had ported from VM to BT, but now it seems my luck has returned (doesn't happen very often :( )

OpenReach have just left my house and my number is recognised by O2's system as belonging to BT, so I was able to order with, hopefully, £70 cashback, one month free and reduced rental as I have my mobile with O2.

All in, 12 months O2 bb should cost me a grand total of £10.74, or less than 90p a month! :money:
    Hopefully, you'll be one of the lucky ones who can get a decent service from O2. Whilst initial reports were good, it looks like O2 are now starting to struggle to cope with all the signups they've been getting recently, and as reported on HUKD and other forums, some people are reporting download speeds approaching dial-up speeds (or worse!!) with O2 Broadband. :eek:

Hopefully O2 will realise that they need to act quickly to ensure that they can cope with the demand, otherwise people will be leaving in droves. :wave:
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ianonline wrote: »
    Hopefully, you'll be one of the lucky ones who can get a decent service from O2. Whilst initial reports were good, it looks like O2 are now starting to struggle to cope with all the signups they've been getting recently, and as reported on HUKD and other forums, some people are reporting download speeds approaching dial-up speeds (or worse!!) with O2 Broadband. :eek:

Hopefully O2 will realise that they need to act quickly to ensure that they can cope with the demand, otherwise people will be leaving in droves. :wave:
    They are apparently in the process of upgrading their exchanges to cope with the increased demand.
  • finder
    finder Posts: 110 Forumite
    Hi

I want to sign up for the offer but I am not an O2 customer, but my gf is. Would I qualify for the £7.34pm deal if I signed up by giving my bank details as the recipient of the O2 home broadband and gave her phone number as the O2 number?

Has somebody ever tried this?

Many thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Rev wrote: »
    I'm going to sign up again in 6/12 months, hopefully the upgrades will be done by then and I may be able to get better speeds.

Out of interest on this, if you do cancel with o2 broadband during the cooling off period, then they won't have you back for at least 6 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure