Moving into new 1 bed flat - need energy help

2»

Comments

• (DS1500) if you need to check I'll assume you don't have one and hope you never get one my friend. Lots of advice here best of luck my friend.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • xirokx
    xirokx Posts: 170 Forumite
    Spoke with current supplier British Gas yesterday

They're gonna put me on Temp Dec 2020 tariff because my flat is a new build the builders put the wrong flat numbers on the electricity meters so 5 meters are confused as the meter serial numbers don't match the flat numbers on the national database.

I have to do a burns test to identify my electricity meter

I cannot even think about switching for 1-2 weeks until my British Gas account is setup with correct meter serial numbers etc then I can look at other suppliers.

Currently thinking to go with Octopus

British Gas have put me down for a priority service and told me they'd send me a link for WHD too.

It's a bleeding nightmare that has to be done in stages ...

Thanks for your help n advice guys
  • Minefield for you......

Regardless, you can have a start and finish point roadmap, essentially they are both the same.

You start and finish by:

- photographing [evidence] your meter [MPAN/leccy and MPRN/gas numbers]
    - you get the best tariff and the best discounts for your needs and type of water & heating
    - you supply your own meter readings every 6-8 weeks
    - you then have an annual Calculated Annual Consumption
    - CAC÷12=monthly SO or DD is your annual payment plan
    - YES you have a summer over-payment NO you never get an unexpected big bill
    - you are always in annual CREDIT compliance

Best of luck.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • what is the cheapest energy supplier at the moment?
  • LynnForest wrote: »
    what is the cheapest energy supplier at the moment?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity/

Updated daily

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills