NowTV box or stick?

2»

Comments

• mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    i suggest u get a firestick,new 4k version is great,wait till amazon has a sale.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have NowTV on my Apple TV box, rather than a dedicated device.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    AndyPK wrote: »
    That roku does look better actually.
    Saved in my Argos list.
    Mod they do voice reckognisation
    Depends which one you go for. The Roku Express and Premiere versions has the "simple" remote which doesn't have voice control, also it's not a "stick" as such. The Roku streaming stick plus has an enhanced remote with voice and also power and volume buttons that automatically recognise and and control your TV, very useful I find.

I got mine very cheap via CEX.
  • neilmcl
    mobileron wrote: »
    i suggest u get a firestick,new 4k version is great,wait till amazon has a sale.
    Not a lot of good if wants to watch Sky stuff, which I'd imagine why the OP already has NowTV for.
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    I find the firestick perfect to watch Sky on and its free. Plus lots of other stations.
  • neilmcl
    mobileron wrote: »
    I find the firestick perfect to watch Sky on and its free. Plus lots of other stations.
    That's a different story we won't be discussing though ;)
  • I have a Roku streaming stick plus at a cheap price from Currys (shortly after black Friday). Unfortunately (as several ROKU users are now finding) the stick does not work properly with the ITVhub.
    I am now in the middle of the usual runaround. Roku say contact ITV (as the apps are nothing to do with them) and ITV say they are aware of a problem contact Roku. Of course Roku boldly advertise all the streaming services on their packaging but don't mention that their stick can't actually run them properly.
  • sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    ianc2020 wrote: »
    I have a Roku streaming stick plus at a cheap price from Currys (shortly after black Friday). Unfortunately (as several ROKU users are now finding) the stick does not work properly with the ITVhub.
    I am now in the middle of the usual runaround. Roku say contact ITV (as the apps are nothing to do with them) and ITV say they are aware of a problem contact Roku. Of course Roku boldly advertise all the streaming services on their packaging but don't mention that their stick can't actually run them properly.
    I'm fairly sure the content provider (in this case ITV) needs to develop and maintain the app for a specific platform/OS (in this case Roku). Just how BBC dropped support for old Android devices and killed BBC radio on Echo devices etc.

So the ball is more likely with ITV, who can't be bothered.

The only reason I got a Roku stick+ was to watch Apple TV+, without forking silly money for Apple TV
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure