URGENT! 1p Ryanair European flights to 60+ European destinations. Ends Fri 21 Nov '08

14567810»

Comments

• Hi All

I wanted to let you know that i managed to book London gatwick to Dublin x 2 for 0.4p i am sooooo pleased with that i forgot i had it but found my visa electron card woo hoo taking hand laggage and onoine check in so it can be done it really only cost 4p .... so now we get to stay in a 4*-5* hotel in dublin ,

However got a bit carried away and book a flight to schoenefeld Berlin for 2 nights however didnt realise schoenefeld is just an airport anyone been their and managed to stay in Berlin ??

how do i let ryanair know if i dont want the flight now ??

thanks in advance
  • Have a read through the thread as I'm sure someone mentioned booking Berlin for a day trip and it was quite cheap and/or quick to get into the centre.

You don't need to let them know or cancel just don't do online check-in.
  • keith234
    keith234 Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have tried to get a visa electron card, the only place I can get information on this type on card is on 'Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'

any advice would be helpful
    It's nice to be important but it's important to be nice!

If u think my post has been helpful, push my 'thanks' button cheers :)
  • Ems!
    Ems! Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post
    keith234 wrote: »
    I have tried to get a visa electron card, the only place I can get information on this type on card is on 'Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'

open a Halifax CARDCASH account and it will come with a visa electron card.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/cardcash.asp
    Be sure to tell them you want the cardcash account or they will probably try to get you to open a "full" account which comes with a visa debit card. Other banks do them too ( you will probably find info if you do a search on here)
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    just go your local post office and get a travel card in GBP. Its a visa electron and you can walk out with one. I put £50 on it and it cost £3 in administration.

Rather do that than open up another bank account. I checked my balance by freephone and can confirm Ryanair only took 4p for my 4p transaction.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    keith234 wrote: »

I got mine via my co-op account. Used it a few weeks ago with Easyjet - zero charges.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • bigtel_2
    bigtel_2 Posts: 261 Forumite
    I was booking a flight to Turin at £146.86 for myself and I got an error message saying my card details were wrong and to try again so I did and again and again. It wouldn't work so I tried my debit card and on the third time it worked.

I haven't as yet received an email about my itinerary but I can log onto the 'Manage my booking' part of the site and all the info is there and its been confirmed.

I've just logged into my online banking and I've been charged twice on my debit card and once on my credit card! Using the reference numbers on the statement I can view two flights but the reference on the credit card when entered doesn't exist!

On Monday I had a feeling it had charged me twice on my debit card so sent emails to Ryanair Contacts on emails addresses I got from here (http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/contact.html) stating I had not yet received conformation by email and it may double booked my flights. I still haven't heard from anybody and now need to contact them urgently as I don't need three of the same flight!!

Has anybody who this has happened to before any advice on who to contact to get the best solution?

Thanks

Terry
  • bigtel_2
    bigtel_2 Posts: 261 Forumite
    I called the local rate number and it was sorted within minutes. The lady on the phone told me my money should be back in my account within seven working days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure