Saved Minus £25

After sending several emails to MSE Cheap Energy Club , I still havn't received the £25 cash back following the acceptance of a new Avro energy account. I don't even get a reply to the emails now other than the automated one. The account was opened some 10 months ago - just how long do you have to wait?

Comments

• Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 17 May 2019 at 8:53AM
    BRH wrote: »
    After sending several emails to MSE Cheap Energy Club , I still havn't received the £25 cash back following the acceptance of a new Avro energy account. I don't even get a reply to the emails now other than the automated one. The account was opened some 10 months ago - just how long do you have to wait?

When did you send the first email, and what was the response to that?

When was the last email response sent, and what did that say?

Have you considered there may be a connection between you having sent "several emails" over this same issue, and the fact the responses (apart from automated acknowledgements) has now dried up?

To answer your question directly, you have to wait for as long as it takes your supplier to pay MoneySuperMarket, and then you will receive your share shortly therafter.
  • BRH
    BRH Posts: 3 Newbie
    On 31st January 2019 I received this reply:-

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you've not yet received your cashback payment, this is taking longer than expected because we've not yet received the required update from your supplier.
    If you switch through Cheap Energy Club, then MoneySuperMarket gets paid a referral fee. Of this referrers' fee we give you roughly half back, because we want to encourage switching. You don't usually get this if you go direct to a comparison site, nor if you switch directly with an energy company.
    As the cashback is coming from the supplier’s referral fee unfortunately if there is a delay in your supplier confirming your switch to us, it also delays our ability to pay cashback.
    This can mean that it can take over the average 12 weeks and in some instances may take up to 6 months.
    As it's been over 6 months, I've asked the team at MoneySuperMarket (who issue cashback and liaise with suppliers) to look into this for you. This may take a little while to resolve, as we're reliant on your supplier getting back to us. As soon as we hear back from it, we'll get in touch to provide you with an update.
    Thanks
    MSE Harry

I have not had a reply to emails dated 3rd April or 14th May other than the automated reply.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi is it worth ringing your supplier -maybe the delay is at their end? MSE are on it for you so I hope your money will come soon.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • BRH
    BRH Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 22 May 2019 at 10:22AM
    Well another reminder sent today to "energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com"

We hear so many complaints about the suppliers failing to resond to customer complaints - seems MSE are not doing much better!
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    main-qimg-f970811f2ad8ce13d62585fa95163841
  • Any joy with this? I am having the same issue, I received an email on the 27th saying my cashback will be with me in a few days, I did get one response saying it has been sent to my bank and to give it 5 working days, 10 days later still nothing and now not responding to my emails!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure