Turmeric Tablets

2»

Comments

• Cyclizine
    Cyclizine Posts: 110
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If it works for you, crack on, but it's still pseudoscientific !!!!!!!!.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,272
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Having read some good things about this, I've just bought some, with the added pepper, to see what they can do instead of popping Ibuprofen for lifes aches and pains.

I haven't taken one yet, but will start at lunchtime and report back my completely unscientific results!! Along with any dodgy tummy problems!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.47% of current retirement "pot" (as at end February 2024)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I too read rave reviews so forked our for some, but penny sale was on so got 2 :j
    Took for just over 2 months and felt no different, joints just as painful as before.
  • Sea_Shell
    Forumite
    Obviously I need to give them at least 4-6weeks before any benefit should be felt, but in the very short term (3 days) at least they haven't repeated on me, given me any tummy trouble or made me sick!!

I'm waiting to see if they turn your poo orange...as it's a very potent pigment!!! Does it???:rotfl:
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.47% of current retirement "pot" (as at end February 2024)
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    I use ordinary turmeric for allergy control and it is effective for that at least. It thins your blood so if you have any medication for heart or circulation problems, check first with the doc.
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Most herbs and spices have medicinal benefits, and you're as well off to eat a range of them rather than focus on one as a cure-all.
    Type into Google 'herbs and spices for health' you'll see tons of results.
  • BananaRepublic
    BananaRepublic Posts: 2,103
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    Obviously I need to give them at least 4-6weeks before any benefit should be felt, but in the very short term (3 days) at least they haven't repeated on me, given me any tummy trouble or made me sick!!

I'm waiting to see if they turn your poo orange...as it's a very potent pigment!!! Does it???:rotfl:

Not as far as I know, but if you want coloured poo, red beetroot will do the trick. And it lowers blod pressure.
  • Sea_Shell
    Forumite
    So, it's been 10 days.

No side effects to report. No orange poo!!! Maybe I will get pink though, as we've just opened a huge jar of pickled beetroot, as it happens!!!

Feel generally very well, with less DOMS from running (could be coincidence) than previously.

I do sometimes get sore shoulders too, so I'll monitor how they've been too.
  • Kojak12
    Kojak12 Posts: 70 Forumite
    As with many superfoods - these compounds do show some positive health benefits in a petri dish or in lab animals. However, when tested properly, there is no evidence that humans eating supplements get any benefit from them. This is because the digestive system isn't designed for food to be consumed like this - it expects small amounts with every meal with companion foods like fibre and other vitamins and minerals. The best advice is to try to eat a healthy balanced diet - this is the only diet that has been shown to have any positive health effects. Olive oil, nuts and lots of fruit and veg. As a complete diet, these foods (acting together with your gut bacteria) have a strong anti-inflammatory effect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure