£29,303...Enough is enough!

Comments

• I'm sure the childminder drop off will improve - my eldest was a total disaster area to drop at childcare, but it did gradually improve until one day I realised there was just no drama with it any more.

Well done on the bulb planting - I have some indoor christmas ones that I really must plant or they won't stand a chance of flowering in time!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    A wardrobe sort out is always good! I am not a follower of fashion in any way.... I dont like to be dictated to ;) Sell as much as possible. Get rid of anything that does not 'spark joy' - take a look at the Kona Mari thread to see what that means and then maybe go for a capsule wardrobe - a very good late friend was an exponent of this idea and it makes perfect sense and may work for you........and you may not need to spend £300!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • It will get easier with drop offs. My youngest used to have to be prised off me every morning and still does at the start of each term ( when he's had the holiday to get used to having me at home again!). It is horrible but I also see it in reverse at work and know full well that the crying might last for 5 minutes and then they're busy and active.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the reassurance about the childcare drop offs. He's been really clingy again today - wouldn't go to my Mum (who he adores) and cried when I went out of the room.

Regarding my wardrobe, I've got 3 carrier bags full of things ready to sort/sell/charity shop. I'll have more to get rid of once I have the replacements but don't want to walk round naked in the meantime :rotfl:. I'm looking online for ideas and making a list of items i really want. I'm hoping not to spend anywhere near £300, although DH is a terrible influence when it comes to shopping!

Busy day today. DC2 played rugby this morning. The game got abandoned as a player on the other team was seriously injured. No sign of an ambulance when we left 40 mins later, but I've heard he is now in hospital. I'm praying it looked worse than it actually is.

We then went to watch some of the rally cars in town and took mums dog for a walk at the same time. Quick pit stop now to warm up, then back out to pick up DD from performing arts.
  • WelshKitty85
    Forumite
    DC2 played rugby this morning. The game got abandoned as a player on the other team was seriously injured. No sign of an ambulance when we left 40 mins later, but I've heard he is now in hospital. I'm praying it looked worse than it actually is.

Devasted to have just heard the child has broken his back.
  • Oh my gosh, how awful. What an upsetting end to the weekend.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Devasted to have just heard the child has broken his back.

Dreadful! Child hurt at the rally yesterday too:(
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • WelshKitty85
    Forumite
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Dreadful! Child hurt at the rally yesterday too:(

I heard about that. I didn't see the display but can't understand health and safety allowing a 7 year old on a motorbike. So sad :(.

We heard the rugby player is "ok" - as ok as you can be with a broken back - and there's no nerve damage. I've not stopped thinking about him all day.

Work has been manic today - mainly clearing up other people's mess, but at least the day flew.

I've had a letter regarding my 2nd PPI claim and they are sending me a cheque for £273. I have to pay a % to the claims company so think I will be left with about £250 from my 2 refunds, which I'm happy with :).
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Hey lovely! I’ve just finished catching up on your diary and subscribed :D You’re doing so well! Your batch cooking posts are inspiring me to do some. Unfortunately I hate cooking & I’m not the best at it :rotfl: Your baby boy will be ok at drop off after a while. Both my daughters went to nursery at 10 months old and they did the same, but not for long :)
  • Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    If I send you my wardrobe clearing vibes can you send me some of your batch cooking vibes?

So sad about the Rugby Player I'm glad it isn't as bad as it could have been though, poor thing.

I hope your cold has cleared up.

Take care
    SM
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback