Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,641
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    milann wrote: »
    Pleased to report normal feeling and movement is nearly back in my arm- still got tingly tips of fingers....and although painful it's no where near as bad as I expected - let's hope it stays that way:)

Not the best way to get lots of NSDs in - but I'll take them.

Sounding good.
    As you say take the NSD's:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,495
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My arm has been quite painful these last few days after the meds given in surgery have worn off. Got to admit things have got to me....I'm wary of walking, can't knit or cook.... Just feel useless....I had such plans - finishing painting cupboards and doors, sorting and taking shed down. And I can't do anything.

Dh took me out to a localish NT property and we had tea and cake which was nice. But my arm feels like a dead weight now and I'm shattered. We are suppose to be going to family in Yorkshire on Sunday if there's not too much snow on motorway over the Pennines....I've not seen some of them for a while so it should be good.

We are supposed to be going to dds next week too - had it planned for ages....as long as I don't have to go back to the hospital I'm hoping we can still go ahead - don't suppose it maters whether I sit in her house or mine.....still pondering...
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,641
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Go millan, go.
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Just double the time you would normally allow to get stuff done. be gentle with yourself, it'll pay off in the long run
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,030
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Glad the op went well but sorry to hear your arm is painful. I was the same with my ankle, I know how you feel.

Hope you manage to get away, it will do you good - let them all run round after you while you put your feet up.

Have a lovely Easter and take care xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £218.29/£600 March NSD:3 March Surveys £
  • milann
    Forumite
    Thanks everyone.

They are all dead good at looking after me - I know I'm really lucky...think I'm just frustrated after getting myself fit after my last setback.... I was really enjoying doing things I honestly didn't know if I'd be able to do - 1 step forward 10 steps back...I'll get there again:beer:beer:
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Forumite
    Was beginning to go stir crazy so walked around to Mr Morrisons with ds - got lots of bargains - the dearest was 9p.cheered me up no end.
    Pity I couldn't have carried more...
    Ds looked rubbish by the time he was going home - hope he's not starting with something....and hope he's not shared it:eek:
    Dh cooked a lovely turkey dinner - my emergency turkey from Christmas. Should last a good few days :)
    Visiting family tomorrow - looking forward to it
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,267
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi,I hope,you don't mind me me popping in,I read about you on the Debt Free Roll Of Honour so decide to check out your diary, you weren't kidding when you said life gets in the way were you,Im glad you are on the mend now though:)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,050.1 Owed = £11,579.90
  • milann
    Forumite
    You are more than welcome one broken lady. Yup life has well and truly got in my way - but if I can do it anyone can!!!128538; Your name is intriguing.

I slept better last night so hopefully arm is on the mend a little. Just getting ready to do some visiting...
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,267
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    milann wrote: »
    You are more than welcome one broken lady. Yup life has well and truly got in my way - but if I can do it anyone can!!!128538; Your name is intriguing.

I slept better last night so hopefully arm is on the mend a little. Just getting ready to do some visiting...
    Lol,it's One broke lady as in I have no money :) glad you had a good nights sleep :)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,050.1 Owed = £11,579.90
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback