Sky Broadband Switchover Complaints

2»

Comments

• adam78
    adam78 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    So was the offer via phone call (as you originally claim) or via email, in my experience of Sky they don't send email confirmation of offers over the phone. If it is confirmed in the email and still within date why won't they offer it?

If you've ever had any experience like me you'll note that there is no consistency between what they tell you, one agent will tell you one thing and another will tell you something different. What I've learned is there are no hard and fast rules to the offere's they give you - it all depend on who you get through too. When i first went through retentions there was nothing they could offer me despite haggling for ages with several agent - they are willing to pay a third party in this case topcashback a higher commision than offering me the same deal directly. A day later after placing my order with PO I suddenly get a call from retentions and price suddenly comes down and this is the same rententions dept. That call was followed up by an email with the classic 'sorry to see you leave, please come back' with the new offer.

When I call the number on the email im through to retentions again and end up with some mug trying it on again and giving all this blurb that he doesnt have email with offer etc or record of phone call. I ask to be put through to a manger who again just another ameutre.

Theres a lot of bad reviews about PO but if you're on adls you wont see any difference inspeed becuase its the same infrastructure. I've been switching providers for years without noticing any difference. The only difference is the customer service. PO have an appaling customer service.

All of them are MTF whether it be PO, Sky, BT, Virgin etc each trying to rip you off the best they can. You'll have noticed over the years the prices have been increasing despite more competition apearing on the market and hardly any of these service providers have been investing that much to improve the infrastructure.

Any way SKY have finally honoured the offer. I'll never know who rejected the switch one day before the switchover date but i did experience some really bad customer service from PO in trying to find out what happened so decided I've decided to cancel order with PO directly myself.

When it come to renewing the contract with sky i think i will do the same again . Rather than wasting time with their retentions idiots just place order with a cheaper provider and wait for sky retentions to call back with an offer.
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,072 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    As you have stated, it does seem with some company’s , arguing that if they don’t offer a better deal you will leave isn’t the same as actually pressing the button and starting the formal process to leave, these company’s are prepared to call the bluff of ‘potential’ switchers , and in their defence, it probably works , many will be convinced to stay with pretty much the same deal that provoked them to consider leaving in the first place.

Starting the switching process does seem to concentrate the mind of the company losing the customer , and will get the their best and final offer, but it isn’t without its risk, by actually instructing a new company , just to get the best offer from the existing company, knowing that as soon as that offer is made, you will cancel the instruction with the ‘patsy’ company, can lead to the phone number being lost or a break in service and issues with billing, it may be worth the risk for some, but not for everyone.
  • adam78
    They have no business acumen. They are prepared to pay a thirdparty topcashback a higher commision than offering an existing customer the same deal...
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    what can happen in these situations is that you loose your number.

maybe it was cancelled to prevent this
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,072 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 November 2019 at 2:22PM
    I agree with the OP, that it does seem odd on the face of it, that a company will allow someone too leave just because they won’t match the deal new customers get ,especially with cash back sites etc, but as far as business acumen ?
    I would assume they don’t just do this on a whim, but have evidence that it’s cost effective, perhaps someone who strives for the best possible deal or will leave is likely to be a serial switcher anyway, so they get a killer deal where there is no profit in it for the company, and at the end of the term they have to offer yet another deal where they make little or no margin, so why bother , whereas a new customer seduced by a new customer deal may continue for many years without bartering ( customer inertia is a major factor )
  • adam78 wrote: »
    They have no business acumen. They are prepared to pay a thirdparty topcashback a higher commision than offering an existing customer the same deal...

A £13.8 BILLION turnover in 2018 would say otherwise.

If I'm changing BB supplier I'll give my present supplier a quick call to see if they'll match my chosen alternative and if they won't play ball then I simply change. Even if they come back after the switch has started I won't stay with them as they've had their chance.
  • adam78
    so the drama continues...the switch was originally scheduled for today and today all services have gone down both internate and phobe line..is that a coincidence...to me looks more like sky have screwed up once again. They are saying there is a fault on the line which i highly doubt. They've booked in an engineer but telling me i'll only get compensated only if they are unable to fix after 2 days.

MTF...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport