Comments

• Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OP how old are you?
  • Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    It shouldn't matter about my grammar or spellings, I'm asking for advice on what to do! And people are being judgemental by saying things, I'm asking for advice, not people to be funny towards me

My advice would be to pay the fine, and don't do whatever you did to get the fine again.
    All your base are belong to us.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2017 at 9:22PM
    Retrogamer wrote: »
    My advice would be to pay the fine, and don't do whatever you did to get the fine again.
    I d ignore that, and I d ignore the "fine ". I have never known anyone getting fined for riding on the pavement.I see it happening daily. Its the safest place for cyclists now that the roads are dominated by selfish idiots skimming by cyclists with a foot to spare.
    Until vehicles are fined for coming too close to a cyclist , they have the moral high ground to try and save their lives and taking to the safer zones on the pavements when they are clear.
    Only yesterday on my usual 10 miler, my heart was in my mouth as yet another white BMW /Audi/VW etc decides to brush by me with a few inches to spare, rather than slow down and wait 5 seconds so she/he can give me the proper 5 foot width and pull over to the other side a bit.
    If there s plenty of oncoming traffic, this is normal behaviour now with selfish motorists who assume to rule the road. They are not interested in the life of a cyclist, they are concerned more with catching a wing mirror on an oncoming vehicle..Get on the pavement where its safe, especially when the pavements are unused.
  • IGet on the pavement where its safe, especially when the pavements are unused.

Unless, of course, you are a pedestrian.

A neighbour comes out of a local doctor's surgery, baby in arms. Cyclist comes careering down the footpath and crashes into her as she exits the building. The baby falls to the ground and is unharmed but the poor lady has her hip broken in two places (as the cyclist drives off). Fifteen months later and the lady is still on crutches while the selfish cyclist ........
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lucky it wasn't a car. She'd have been dead and join the legions of hit and run motorist victims.

Roads and pavements are safe if people are sensible, unfortunately idiots in cars cause more damage than idiots on bicycles.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Who are they acting on behalf of and does the paperwork they have given you mention bye-laws ?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    And gobbled was an area which I said

Gobbled was an area?? Do you mean error?

Perhaps if you were to read what you were posting before actually posting, your posts would make more sense.

Did this cycling take place on a pavement beside a public road?
    Or in a pedestrian precinct?
    Or perhaps even in a covered shopping mall?
    Or somewhere else?

Please clarify.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,279 Forumite
    Lucky it wasn't a car. She'd have been dead and join the legions of hit and run motorist victims.

Roads and pavements are safe if people are sensible, unfortunately idiots in cars cause more damage than idiots on bicycles.

Speaking as a passionate cyclist, I believe that the behaviour of the cyclist in this incident was inexcusable. A pedestrian has a right to assume that the pavement will be reasonably safe: thankfully, cars do not (yet) take rapid short-cuts along the pavement.
  • Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,583 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2017 at 8:34PM
    Hello I need some help,
    I don't normally ride my bike in this area but for some reason I was in a world of my own, and came out of a shop, and got my bike and got on it. I started to ride, but I got stopped by some boy that works for Kingdom Enforcement. I would have stopped myself but it was too late. He was full of himself and said I was riding and it's against the law to be doing so at that time.

I said "what about those people?" [ed - which people?] He said "I'm dealing with you" and ignored me. I said "those guys could stop them," but he wasn't interested and basically gave me a £60 to £80 fine! [which was it?] Yes, I made a few seconds' mistake, but I honestly didn't think, I don't normally ride there anyway and every one always rides on it, so I didn't think. And the signs aren't dotted in lots of locations, just at two areas front of the street and back, but not for everyone to see.

I did get high ratted [aerated? irate?] and moaned. I said I'll just get back on my bike then. Instead of him saying don't do that otherwise we will stop you, he thought he would be the big man, and follow me and harrass me, and it was very intimidating and I was very scared being harassed like that and followed! You could tell I wasn't going to get on my bike. So I shouted and said stop following me. He said he wasn't but he was, he !!!!ed me off.

So I questioned one of his mates who also works with him, and he said that I did something wrong and have to pay. I asked why so many people have gone past and you have ignored them. They didn't seem bothered. I felt like they were targeting me because I was a girl, as most guys riding past didn't get stopped. I saw one man get stopped, and he was told off and told not to do it again, but didn't give him a fine! How is that fair?

I even told this guy that his friend was harassing me by watching me and it's wrong. He was sitting on a bench staring at me with a grin. I pointed out all these people going past who he was ignoring and he could have stopped them. But he was too busy watching me even though I was talking to another guy.

I'm worried about this person following me like that, as he has my address as well. How can you fine some people and not others who are doing the same thing - and then continue to follow me? That's not on, surely.

How do I get out of paying this fine? I have no job and no money, and it's worrying me. Please someone help me with advice please

I can't advise as you clearly did something wrong and it's really unfortunate that you were caught when others weren't. But that doesn't make it right. I hope that through the above clarification of your post you might get more helpful advice.
  • Ladydee!!!!!

Like I said I gobbed off because of how he was to me!!! He was very rude towards me!!!!! So why should I allow that! Clearly this site is a lot of rubbish!! As I have been citizen advice, and they said he is in wrong!!!! You don't fine one and not he other! You don't harras and follow someone, regardless!!!! He see I didn't cause problem! But he targeted me!!!!!! No one in there right mind would stand there allowing someone to talk to you the way he did, so before you defend him!!! Consider how he spoke to me! As it's wrong! Maybe then you will understand why I acted the way I acted! I was calm from the start! And he allowed others to carry on that was causing more danger! He clearly only targeted me because I was female, then carried on harassing me! So no I'm not in the wrong!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure