Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kartingmad
    • By kartingmad 14th Nov 19, 12:09 AM
    • 82Posts
    • 80Thanks
    kartingmad
    Money transfer stoozing
    • 14th Nov 19, 12:09 AM
    Money transfer stoozing 14th Nov 19 at 12:09 AM
    Hi

So I’m totally new to this. The only thing I remember is my grandad doing this in the good ole days,always remember he had about 20 credit cards stacked up in the draw.

So the only reason I am querying now is that I have just noticed on barclaycard I have a money transfer 0% offer until nov 2021😀 with a 2.4% fee.

How can I utilise this as I’ve got around 12k I could move?

I noticed people talking about the 2 card trick.....

Any help appreciated

Tom
    £10 a day - 2015 - £1173.06

check out ukroadcycling
Page 2
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 2nd Dec 19, 12:26 AM
    • 65,846 Posts
    • 57,982 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    Obviously there are risks with P2P, but on 3 of the platforms I'm using nobody has ever lost a penny.
    Originally posted by Matthewhall267
    Never lost a penny. Must be exceptional underwriters. Though losing money isn't the only issue. It's withdrawing the funds in a timely fashion. P2P showed be viewed as a long term loan rather than an instant savings account.
    ““there really is no such thing as ‘the future’, singular. There are only multiple, unforeseeable futures, which will never lose their capacity to take us by surprise.””
    ― Niall Ferguson
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 2nd Dec 19, 1:24 PM
    • 4,063 Posts
    • 9,498 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    I have lost some but am still ahead of what I would have received through conventional savings. I do have some that I have been trying to liquidate since January- I am receiving the monthly interest but cannot sell for a variety of reasons. More recently I have had a couple that have waited till a couple of days before the end before admitting that there will be a delay in paying out - luckily not the end of the world for me but would be a pain if you needed the money back on time.
    • Angie B. Wilkinson
    • By Angie B. Wilkinson 5th Dec 19, 6:33 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Angie B. Wilkinson
    24 months at 0% with a 2.4% fee existing customer money transfer offer? Are you sure?
    If you use your Barclaycard up to it's limit hope you have other cards to use for purchases and normal day to day spending.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 5th Dec 19, 8:26 PM
    • 4,273 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    Ben8282
    24 months at 0% with a 2.4% fee existing customer money transfer offer? Are you sure?
    If you use your Barclaycard up to it's limit hope you have other cards to use for purchases and normal day to day spending.
    Originally posted by Angie B. Wilkinson
    Anybody can post and claim anything they like. It really is for individual readers of posts to judge the validity or otherwise of the claims made.
    Last edited by Ben8282; Yesterday at 9:58 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

78Posts Today

3,085Users online

Martin's Twitter